5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there any 100% waterproof tonneau covers that exist?

mike90

Reaction score
Just had a Line-X quad fold hard tonneau cover installed. I was hoping no water would enter but there is a slow drip at the side that backs up to the cab. Nothing major but I was hoping it would be 100% watertight. Is there such a thing out there? Or are all tonneau covers going to let some water in?

It's referred to as a cap. They sit a little higher than a regular tonneau.

Unless you get a full truck cap or one of those one piece fiberglass covers that are hinged I doubt there are any that are 100% waterproof. I think they will all let water seep in from somewhere. I had a Gator soft tri-fold on my 11 Ram and that got some water in it. I now have a 21 Ram that I'm using a cheaper brand soft roll up cover off of Amazon and its way better about stopping the water but even that let's a little in. In both cases it wasn't bad enough to actually worry about even if I had anything of value in the bed

I have an Access Larado soft roll up on my ‘20 Rebel. No water. Had the same on my ‘17 Titan. No water.

My Undercover one-piece fiberglass tonneau on my Gen4 never leaked. It was great but cumbersome when trying to haul a large item. The biggest problem I had with that cover was insects making dirt homes underneath the lip of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back