5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple/Google Maps Speaker Issues

Mike77

Reaction score
I’m having an issue where if I’m using Apple or Google maps that the turn by turn navigation only comes through the driver side dashboard tweeter. You can hardly hear it at all. I took it to the dealership and they re-flashed the uconnect system and it is still doing it intermittently. Has anyone else had this issue, and if you have, how do you fix it?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m having an issue where if I’m using Apple or Google maps that the turn by turn navigation only comes through the driver side dashboard tweeter. You can hardly hear it at all. I took it to the dealership and they re-flashed the uconnect system and it is still doing it intermittently. Has anyone else had this issue, and if you have, how do you fix it?
Probably a stupid question but have you tried turning the volume up on your device? Its normal for the prompts to come out of that speaker, been like that for pretty much any car I've owned with factory CarPlay.

Mike77

Reaction score
Not a stupid question at all. I have tried that and used my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone.

When it works properly, the volume typically comes out of most/all of the drivers side speakers, not just the front drivers side dash tweeter.

Mike77

Reaction score
When it works properly, the volume typically comes out of most of the drivers side speakers, not just the front drivers side dash tweeter.
Hmm not sure, iOS updated? Does that speaker sound normal during regular use? Like if you were to fade everything to the front left?
Yes, everything works properly except when I use Apple and Google Maps. Very strange.

Mike77

Reaction score
Siri even comes through loud and clear when I ask her to do anything else (tell me weather, read texts, etc).

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When it works properly, the volume typically comes out of most of the drivers side speakers, not just the front drivers side dash tweeter.

Yes, everything works properly except when I use Apple and Google Maps. Very strange.
That is strange. Maybe try Waze? Wonder if there is some sort of setting in Uconnect for audio prompts

Mike77

Reaction score
That is strange. Maybe try Waze? Wonder if there is some sort of setting in Uconnect for audio prompts
I have tried Apple Maps, Google Maps, and Waze and all three only allow turn by turn directions to come through the driver’s side dash tweeter only.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It only comes out of the drivers front speaker by design. I don't think tweeter only is normal. Each time you connect, it defaults to volume 15, I believe. The volume can only be adjusted, via the radio volume, when it's actively speaking, otherwise it will adjust the audio volume. This is how it works on my base 6 speaker radio anyway.

Mike77

Reaction score
It only comes out of the drivers front speaker by design. I don't think tweeter only is normal. Each time you connect, it defaults to volume 15, I believe. The volume can only be adjusted, via the radio volume, when it's actively speaking, otherwise it will adjust the audio volume. This is how it works on my base 6 speaker radio anyway.
Thanks. I have adjusted the volume to 25 (the loudest) and I still have issues.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hear it coming out of multiple speakers (H/K system). Knock on wood - haven’t experienced any iOS issues (iPhone XS).

ervoneal

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the 12" UConnect and HK speakers. When I am using CarPlay to listen to music while using the Waze or Google Maps app for guidance, the music will be playing loud on all speakers and then suddenly the driver's speakers will stop playing the music and play an announcement for an upcoming turn, etc. The volume for the turn directions is very low. But to make it worse, the other speakers are still blaring the music.

I had a Bluetooth issue on my Harley where I had to turn the volume on the bike up really loud to hear music on my phone. Then, if I forgot to turn it back down, I would switch to something else like the radio and the volume would be ear shattering. This was resolved buy deleting the paired phone, turning the volume up on my phone, and then re-pairing it with the bike. CarPlay is using a wired connection. And the volume is fine for the music. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread