5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzo tailgate light bar.

TheArk

Reaction score
I put the anzo light bar on my 2019 ram 1500 bighorn yesterday and attempted to hardwire it in. All of the lights are working fine except the running lights, they are blinking instead of constant red like they’re suppose to be. Has anyone here had this problem that can give me some pointers as this is my first time messing with anything electrical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put the anzo light bar on my 2019 ram 1500 bighorn yesterday and attempted to hardwire it in. All of the lights are working fine except the running lights, they are blinking instead of constant red like they’re suppose to be. Has anyone here had this problem that can give me some pointers as this is my first time messing with anything electrical.

Did you hard wire or use Curt adapter?

If you hardwired, what wire did you tap into into for running lights.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

TheArk

Reaction score
Did you hard wire or use Curt adapter?

If you hardwired, what wire did you tap into into for running lights.

I hardwired, I color matched the wires for the most part. I hooked up yellow to yellow green to green blue to blue and black to white. But when I tried them to make sure it was working the blinkers were backwards so I swapped the yellow and green which fixed that issue. But then when it got dark I noticed the running lights were blinking instead of staying solid red.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I would invert in the Curt harness as it sounds like the taillight wire colors match to OEM colors. I don't have a wiring diagram in from of so I will go under the truck tomorrow and verify the running light wire color off the back of the 7 pin connector. All other function appear to working?

TheArk

Reaction score
Personally I would invert in the Curt harness as it sounds like the taillight wire colors match to OEM colors. I don't have a wiring diagram in from of so I will go under the truck tomorrow and verify the running light wire color off the back of the 7 pin connector. All other function appear to working?

So I pulled up a wiring harness diagram and it looks like the blue on the Anzo light bar is the running light but on the truck it’s the brown wire. I’m going to try hooking it up that way when I get home to see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread