5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using Idatastart remote start?

Hugearse

Reaction score
I'm purchasing the Idatastart aftermarket remote start for my 19' 1500. Anyone have any experience with these in the new generation of trucks? I installed one in my 4th gen myself and liked it allot, hoping the install in a 5th gen goes smooth since under the dash looks relatively the same lol.
f325965d75891b7c8c8ada9da1e9e148.jpg

Kazoo

Reaction score
Mostly plug and play these days... Should not be all that hard...

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm purchasing the Idatastart aftermarket remote start for my 19' 1500. Anyone have any experience with these in the new generation of trucks? I installed one in my 4th gen myself and liked it allot, hoping the install in a 5th gen goes smooth since under the dash looks relatively the same lol.
f325965d75891b7c8c8ada9da1e9e148.jpg
I did the flashlogic flrsba / ch12 T harness and carlink. Should be very similar to idatastart. Plug and play except 1 wire tap at BCM underdash. Very easy module programming and install. The carlink module is used to start via phone app and install was as simple as plugging into remote start module.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hugearse

Reaction score
I did the flashlogic flrsba / ch12 T harness and carlink. Should be very similar to idatastart. Plug and play except 1 wire tap at BCM underdash. Very easy module programming and install. The carlink module is used to start via phone app and install was as simple as plugging into remote start module.

Good to know. I always worry about these things being a pain to put in. How much did you spend on car link and which brand did you go with? I was debating on pulling the trigger on getting that as an add on.

Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know. I always worry about these things being a pain to put in. How much did you spend on car link and which brand did you go with? I was debating on pulling the trigger on getting that as an add on.
I have done a few different cars in the past but this was the easiest. Here is the link to carlink. Currently $111, usually runs a few $ more. First year of service is included. Feel free to message me if you need any help.

Hugearse

Reaction score
I have done a few different cars in the past but this was the easiest. Here is the link to carlink. Currently $111, usually runs a few $ more. First year of service is included. Feel free to message me if you need any help.

Awesome. I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread