5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using Fog Light's as their DRL's

geebesthomas

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel.
I used OBD Jscan to change my DRL location to the fog lights and they aren't working. I was able to get the turn signals to work as DRL's with the process below, but not the fogs.
Here was my process in Jscan:

Adaption > DRL Day Time Running Lights - Settings > DRL Configuration > Target Value = Optional DRL
– then –
DRL Day Time Running Lights - Settings > DRL Lamp Location > Target Value = Fog Lamp DRL

Again, when I used this and set the value to "Turn Signal DRL" it worked, but not with Fog Lamp DRL. Anyone else try this or run across this issue? Any insight is much appreciated!

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel.
I used OBD Jscan to change my DRL location to the fog lights and they aren't working. I was able to get the turn signals to work as DRL's with the process below, but not the fogs.
Here was my process in Jscan:

Adaption > DRL Day Time Running Lights - Settings > DRL Configuration > Target Value = Optional DRL
– then –
DRL Day Time Running Lights - Settings > DRL Lamp Location > Target Value = Fog Lamp DRL

Again, when I used this and set the value to "Turn Signal DRL" it worked, but not with Fog Lamp DRL. Anyone else try this or run across this issue? Any insight is much appreciated!
Fog lights will not work. Only low beams or turn signals will work as DRLs.

HelixRam12

Reaction score
Did anyone figure this out? I have tried fog drl no success. I have also played with the voltage to brighten the halo but no real change.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did anyone figure this out? I have tried fog drl no success. I have also played with the voltage to brighten the halo but no real change.
I contacted jscan support about the halo brightness and they said you can’t make them brighter with the voltage adjust.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the only way to do it would be with aftermarket lights with dedicated switch.
Here's how:
- Revert your jscan setting back to stock (as far as fog light goes)
-Get a CJC or BD S2 kit with 4 S2s.
-Hook 2 S2s to your fog with included harness. Those will be your fog lights.
-Hook the other S2s to a Switch Pro 9100.
-Download the Switch Pro app, enable "memorize last switch position" on the switch that you hook your S2 to, and turn it on.
-Now your setting is complete and every time your ignition is on, your S2 "DRL" will be on. If you want them to dim, enable "output dimming" function and you'll have 5 settings to dim them.

mikes911

Reaction score
Fog lights will not work. Only low beams or turn signals will work as DRLs.
I've got to learn to search here before doing things. Just fought with this, want fog lights to be the DRLs like my Jeep. Thanks for the info.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can use them along with Low Beams but not instead of. This appears to be a 50 state law.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can use them along with Low Beams but not instead of. This appears to be a 50 state law.
I do this alot when it’s not dark, but getting cloudy etc. since I made the turn signals into drls it looks good. They stay on in this mode

Users who are viewing this thread