5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Swap to the Infotainment Head Unit in place of their U(cant)connect 4, 8.4?

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I've posted here before about the issues with my UConnect 4, 8.4 unit in my 2021 Bighorn

• TL;DR - My unit is one that a) is on the latest update it will take, 11.04 and b) never remembers "last media source" when I shut off my truck. When you turn off the truck and turn back on, it defaults to RADIO (vs my bluetooth it was last set on, pulling music from my mobile device)
  • UConnect has been useless. I logged a case, miss their call and everytime I call back its the case handler's voicemail who then takes another random week plus to call again
I've started looking at options to ditch this head unit.

Infotainment offers one called model C-BDLUAVDT21-XL that suggests its compatible with our set up. Its $2700 if I decide I am that fed up. Stupid and most likely wont swap.

Anyone try the Infotainment unit?
Does it hold onto last known source?

Its asinine to me that a 2021 model head unit of any kind does not remember last source. $40k lesson learned. I say that because that is what I bought the truck for back in the hot market and did not bother to check before purchasing. Yeah, on me but who does? I will from now on for sure. You never realize what you like until you do not.

Users who are viewing this thread