5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Removed CD Player?

tobyw

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the factory CD player? I'd like to try and re-purpose that space but I don't want to unplug the CD player and then have the rest of my audio/NAV system freak out because a component is missing???

tobyw

Reaction score
Answering my own question here in case anyone else ever asks the question... I pulled my center console out entirely yesterday, and of course had to unplug all of the associated wiring in the process. I cycled the "key" several times in both ACC and RUN positions and played with all of the audio/NAV features, and there were no issues whatsoever. Everything functioned as you would expect, no warnings or chimes or alarms or anything like that, so I'm going to tentatively say that yes, you can pull the CD player out and not adversely affect the rest of the system (y)

ebland0724

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. Let us know what you do with the space...

osage91

Reaction score
Answering my own question here in case anyone else ever asks the question... I pulled my center console out entirely yesterday, and of course had to unplug all of the associated wiring in the process. I cycled the "key" several times in both ACC and RUN positions and played with all of the audio/NAV features, and there were no issues whatsoever. Everything functioned as you would expect, no warnings or chimes or alarms or anything like that, so I'm going to tentatively say that yes, you can pull the CD player out and not adversely affect the rest of the system (y)
Can you remove the CD player without completely removing the center console?

tobyw

Reaction score
Can you remove the CD player without completely removing the center console?

You could probably get it out by sliding the console back several inches, but at that point you've already taken out all of hardware that holds the console in place so you might as well pull it all the way out to make seeing and removing the CD player brackets easier, and a put a good cleaning on the floor area where the console is. I was honestly ashamed of what a mess I found, and I like to keep my junk pretty tidy :(

tobyw

Reaction score
I used a cheap aluminum bracket and mounted it to my toolbox:

IMG_6329.JPG

osage91

Reaction score
Does anyone want to sell their stock in-dash CD player?
I’d trade you my stock CD player for free if you have the in dash storage cubby that goes in its location. You just pay shipping costs.

Attachments

• 90C5972C-0339-4118-B134-38BF4B841A25.jpeg
    90C5972C-0339-4118-B134-38BF4B841A25.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 42

Ramtrx

Reaction score
The addition of a CD player was stupid if you ask me. Now if it was a blu ray player we’d be in business. But I believe that’s against the law unfortunately

E.Hands

Reaction score
I’d trade you my stock CD player for free if you have the in dash storage cubby that goes in its location. You just pay shipping costs.
Where do you live?
I'm curious to find out if it would require a trip to the dealer for programming or not.

Last edited:

osage91

Reaction score
Where do you live?
I curious to find out if it would require a trip to the dealer for programming or not.
I live in Tulsa, OK, but I would just ship you the CD player and you ship me the storage cubby. No need to meet up in person, both items would be relatively cheap to send in the mail.

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Thx for posting this, about to do the same thing to mine (y)

Users who are viewing this thread