5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone PPF the front bumper?

RedFred

Reaction score
I am wondering what I should expect to pay to have protective film applied to the front bumper and also that piece in between the headlight and front bumper. Anyone do PPF to the front? And how much did it cost you?

Pic of front of Ram.
IMG_8545.jpg

I am wondering what I should expect to pay to have protective film applied to the front bumper and also that piece in between the headlight and front bumper. Anyone do PPF to the front? And how much did it cost you?

Pic of front of Ram.
View attachment 190665
I did it on my 2019 and plan on doing it on the new one. I haven't gotten a quote yet but there is a local company to me advertising $849 + tax, which seems to be good compared to what I see some other people saying. Xpel brand PPF

Pic of front of Ram.
View attachment 190665
Lots of us have. I did the bumper, splats, headlights, partial hood, fenders and roof, and side mirrors.

Did it on my 2019 - only 1 big impact from a "big" rock on the front bumper, did not scratch the paint 5 1/2 years.
Did it on my 2025 - expensive (1100 bucks) - to me it is worth every penny. This for the entire exposed area of the front end --- excluding the grill slats. The guy is in Chandler AZ
Dont pay for the dealer installed PPF. typically It is only the hood -- 18 inhes from the front edge from the dealer installed stuff!

Did it on my 2019 - only 1 big impact from a "big" rock on the front bumper, did not scratch the paint 5 1/2 years.
Did it on my 2025 - expensive (1100 bucks) - to me it is worth every penny.
What parts were covered for the $1100? Was it just the front bumper or more?

Roughly $1500 in 2020 but that included the grill, bumper, trim underneath the headlights, headlights, mirror caps, A pillar, Roof cap, partial hood/fender in Xpel.

Shop around Xpel can be pricy but also find someone that does there own cutting and can be cheaper Ive also used 3M scotch guard PPF in the past and prefer that over Xpel and is usually cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did my whole front minus the grill, area above the widshield and my a pillars up halfway over the windows passenger/driver side so well as both front quarters.
I just had a fist sized rock from a truck hit about 4 to 5 inches above the windshield yesterday, no damage to the paint or metal, PPF took the hit.

Same for the front bumper, big rock, heard/felt the dang thing hit… just a small chip out of the PPF.
Can’t give you my price because I had paint correction, PPF on the front and ceramic coating the whole thing.

I’m a PPF believer now..

I had my front bumper done which include the pieces under the headlights. I think it was about $700. Now the bad news is that something impacted the side of my front bumper after the film was installed and went through the film into the paint. It's not that big, looks like a rock chip. Not sure what it was or if the dealer did it when I had it in for an oil change, I had it on my 2019 and never had anything get through the film.

I had my front bumper done which include the pieces under the headlights. I think it was about $700. Now the bad news is that something impacted the side of my front bumper after the film was installed and went through the film into the paint. It's not that big, looks like a rock chip. Not sure what it was or if the dealer did it when I had it in for an oil change, I had it on my 2019 and never had anything get through the film.
That's most likely what I will do, just the bumper and that piece under the headlight. Sorry to hear it got damaged already 🤦‍♂️.

Pic of front of Ram.
View attachment 190665
I am paying 300 for the piece between the grill and bumper wrapped around to the body seam I’m not doing my bumper because it’s chrome.

I had most of my front end done with Xpel film right after I bought my truck last year...pretty much all the front-facing surfaces including bumper, grill, first quarter of the hood, rearview mirrors, and the door handle cups. That was $1600 in Connecticut.

Just a couple days ago, I noticed a sizable bubble on the front bumper that was filled with moisture after a rain storm. Apparently something hit hard enough to make a small tear in the film that let water underneath, but the paint is undamaged. I went back to the installer and he was able to aspirate the air/water and smooth it out... pretty much unnoticeable now, but I'm waiting to see if it resticks or bubbles again the next time it rains...

If the bubble comes back, I'm looking at $600 to redo just the painted bumper.
7986cfcc39a5762b3c0621f9edd2dded.jpg

The small tear is at the upper left of the bubble. Whole thing is probably 2"x3"

I had most of my front end done with Xpel film right after I bought my truck last year...pretty much all the front-facing surfaces including bumper, grill, first quarter of the hood, rearview mirrors, and the door handle cups. That was $1600 in Connecticut.

Just a couple days ago, I noticed a sizable bubble on the front bumper that was filled with moisture after a rain storm. Apparently something hit hard enough to make a small tear in the film that let water underneath, but the paint is undamaged. I went back to the installer and he was able to aspirate the air/water and smooth it out... pretty much unnoticeable now, but I'm waiting to see if it resticks or bubbles again the next time it rains...

If the bubble comes back, I'm looking at $600 to redo just the painted bumper.
7986cfcc39a5762b3c0621f9edd2dded.jpg

The small tear is at the upper left of the bubble. Whole thing is probably 2"x3"
That looks pretty bad in the pic but I guess it's mostly just the moisture showing. Good to know the PPF did its job since the paint is fine.

That picture is before I had it "fixed." Now you can see the small tear up close (just a thin, maybe 3-4mm line), but the rest is pretty good...one small ripple left that the installer thinks will smooth out as it cures and resticks. If that doesn't work out, my options are to either redo the entire bumper, or he can do a portion and try to hide a seam somewhere. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably redo the whole thing because there's really not a good place to hide a seam.

I paid $1400 for the full front end (full hood, fenders, flares, above the windshield, A-Pillars, B-Pillars, door handle cups, full front and headlights)
Id do it again on my next truck without hesitation.

He did give me a quote of $600 for just the bumper, headlights and filler panel under the headlights. This was Aug 2020, given inflation, I'd add $100-200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back