5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone painted their engine covers?

Damion

Reaction score
While browsing this forum , I haven't seen any mention of anyone painting the engine cover of their 5th Gen.

On the " other forum " in the 4th gen section, this was a very popular mod with some great ideas and beautiful work done to the otherwise boring black pieces of plastic that cover our Hemis. I had the one on my '16 painted to match the exterior of the truck. IMG_0626.JPG

While mine won't be painted, I am going to vinyl wrap mine, with the centre ribbed section done in white pearl to match the exterior and the HEMI done in a blue. Ill post up pictures when I get it done.

Mayorofdeath

Reaction score
It's on the to do list, I think I'm just going to paint the whole the cover white and make the lettering a black chrome color if I can find it

whetrick1

Reaction score
While browsing this forum , I haven't seen any mention of anyone painting the engine cover of their 5th Gen.

On the " other forum " in the 4th gen section, this was a very popular mod with some great ideas and beautiful work done to the otherwise boring black pieces of plastic that cover our Hemis. I had the one on my '16 painted to match the exterior of the truck. View attachment 35828

While mine won't be painted, I am going to vinyl wrap mine, with the centre ribbed section done in white pearl to match the exterior and the HEMI done in a blue. Ill post up pictures when I get it done.

Here's mine.
487ebf661ee9547c6f15e42ce2bbecc2.jpg
fd67e4777857df0b6355dd7ece0dd85e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Process, sand, clean, primer, paint?

did you use engine paint?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had mine paint matched when I got some other paint work done.

Attachments

• 912BB646-50CB-4F35-B2F6-E54BCF15DFAB.jpeg
    912BB646-50CB-4F35-B2F6-E54BCF15DFAB.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 214
  • C9FB6D70-BE82-41C7-AFF6-2207749FA4AD.jpeg
    C9FB6D70-BE82-41C7-AFF6-2207749FA4AD.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 215

teamroper60

Reaction score
Wanting to do this to mine, even that same Hemi Orange. What paint/prep did you do?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had mine paint matched when I got some other paint work done.
Now that looks nice! Are you happy with your choice of supercharger, or if you were to do it again, would you rather have got a roots type? You can DM me if you would rather do that.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now that looks nice! Are you happy with your choice of supercharger, or if you were to do it again, would you rather have got a roots type? You can DM me if you would rather do that.
I like the procharger a lot. From my understanding it’s still the only one that will work with the etorque system. I am more of a fan of how the procharger produces its power higher in the rpm range so it’s not as hard on the drivetrain. And I love the sound of ProCharger’s over the whine that comes from roots style ones

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the procharger a lot. From my understanding it’s still the only one that will work with the etorque system. I am more of a fan of how the procharger produces its power higher in the rpm range so it’s not as hard on the drivetrain. And I love the sound of ProCharger’s over the whine that comes from roots style ones
It’s effing gorgeous. I’ve thought about putting one but I rarely use the power it has now so it would be pointless.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a can mixed PW7 at the paint shop, then I used 2k clear coat.

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
I should, but the Vararam covers it. I went with an engine cover. When I got the engine cover (right after 5th gen released), I had to customize a 4th gen as the maker had not yet sized them for 5th. I think since, he has right and left sides
i7KlEf1.jpeg

standfree

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

On the " other forum " in the 4th gen section, this was a very popular mod with some great ideas and beautiful work done to the otherwise boring black pieces of plastic that cover our Hemis. I had the one on my '16 painted to match the exterior of the truck. View attachment 35828

i did the all the prep work with the sanding cleaning sanding cleaning to get smooth as babys butt prepped for painting painted white as the truck and in 2 weeks it was yellowing got rid of it and now considering either getting it painted but in maybe gloss black dont know if it would be worth the ohhhhhs and awwwwws

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/