5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have experience with Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT 275/55/20?

My1stHemi

Reaction score
What are your thoughts now that you got this tire? Is the ride ok? Mpg change?
Outstanding tire. Very quiet, composed ride and tracks nicely. Haven’t tired muddy conditions but they are amazing in the rain and I was seriously impressed at how well they did in a recent snow storm. Other guys along the street with Toyo R/T‘s and bfg‘s were spinning and or getting stuck and I had no such issues.

I recalibrated my spedo with the Tazer DT so mpg should be accurate. I probably lost about 1 to 1.5mpg. But I also added a rack, an ARB awning and my tranny is shot(being replaced soon).

My truck had 20’s but I wanted more sidewall so I bought some 18’s. I am happy with my decision.

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Outstanding tire. Very quiet, composed ride and tracks nicely. Haven’t tired muddy conditions but they are amazing in the rain and I was seriously impressed at how well they did in a recent snow storm. Other guys along the street with Toyo R/T‘s and bfg‘s were spinning and or getting stuck and I had no such issues.

I recalibrated my spedo with the Tazer DT so mpg should be accurate. I probably lost about 1 to 1.5mpg. But I also added a rack, an ARB awning and my tranny is shot(being replaced soon).

My truck had 20’s but I wanted more sidewall so I bought some 18’s. I am happy with my decision.
Off topic but what happened to your tranny?!

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Off topic but what happened to your tranny?!
I struggled last year with a driveline “bump/slop” coming to a stop and at takeoff. Others have had this issue too. Some people have re-greased their drive shaft splines to solve the issue. For me it was ambient temperature related and... long story short I asked the dealer to look at it again recently and they found burnt ATF and clutch material in the fluid. Last year they replaced the valve body but that wasn’t the issue. Bad tranny. No abuse. Just a fluke. It took 18 days to get a new tranny installed but Ram has stepped up and took care of one car payment and they are getting me a free Maxcare extended warranty(not sure of the exact terms yet).

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
I struggled last year with a driveline “bump/slop” coming to a stop and at takeoff. Others have had this issue too. Some people have re-greased their drive shaft splines to solve the issue. For me it was ambient temperature related and... long story short I asked the dealer to look at it again recently and they found burnt ATF and clutch material in the fluid. Last year they replaced the valve body but that wasn’t the issue. Bad tranny. No abuse. Just a fluke. It took 18 days to get a new tranny installed but Ram has stepped up and took care of one car payment and they are getting me a free Maxcare extended warranty(not sure of the exact terms yet).
Damn sorry to hear that but I'm glad that they're taking care of you! I think I may have this issue too sometimes. When I'm coming to a stop it lurches forward sometimes it's very strange but I feel like it's only when the truck is just warming up. I went to the dealer last year about it and they said it was an update that was required which they did but now it's coming back.

CNRETIREE2020

Reaction score
I have these tires on my 2019 ram 1500. They work freaking great!!! I’ve had them in a few snow/ice storms and had zero issues. Will comment on tread wear but not noisy at all.
What tire pressure do you have them at? I have 275/55/20 .. colt? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread