5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else wanted a Limited but with 6 passenger seating?

CLECSoft

Reaction score
We were told last year the '22 high end models all required the center consoles and lost the bright colors. Gave up last year but found you could get the leather trimmed 6 passenger seating in the Laramie then essentially add all the features to reach near the limited.
I visited Culpeper Chrysler and they said no 1500 could be had with adaptive cruise (bad legs) and 6 passenger seating (dog insists on sitting between us).
Then found a '22 Laramie with the features I wanted but only lacked the hemi with eTorque. Spoke with seller and said it was a custom order.
So last Wednesday I ordered my '23 Flame Red. 5.7 1500 with adaptive cruise, ram box, 6 seats, air suspension, panoramic roof and all the electronic options except the heads up display.
Of course it will be 4-5 months but I have had my current Dodge 2500 for 16 years so I can wait. Except for the cruise I would keep my truck forever. (only 135k)

2004 Patriot Blue over grey Dodge 2500 Club-Cab 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, 8' Bed

2023 Flame Red Laramie. Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi with eTorque, 5'7"
Anti-Spin rear diff., 3.92 gears, 4-Wheel air suspension
33 gal gas tank, wheel house liners, Laramie Level II equipment group
Advanced Safety Group, Trailer Tow Group, Chrome Power-folding tow mirrors
Power Running Boards, Trim-fold tonneau group, RamBox Cargo Management System
Leather Trimmed 40-20-40 front bench seating, Connect 12 inch touch screen
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof

Last edited:

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Did you get the sport package or night edition? I was building trucks about 6 months ago and in certain colors (flame red) I could get it in the night edition but not sport.

Sounds like a kickass truck. My brother in law does the 40/20/40 front bench seats. He is in a '20 Bighorn. I kinda dig it. But I really like my console safe and all the storage.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
congrats,
some configurations wouldn't allow a 6 seat option - a few times a year I missed that but the center console is also plenty useful specially to place all those fast food orders among other things

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How big a dog are we talking about? A small one would fit right in the center console. You'd lose access to those cupholders though. ;)

CLECSoft

Reaction score
Did you get the sport package or night edition? I was building trucks about 6 months ago and in certain colors (flame red) I could get it in the night edition but not sport.

Sounds like a kickass truck. My brother in law does the 40/20/40 front bench seats. He is in a '20 Bighorn. I kinda dig it. But I really like my console safe and all the storage.
I wanted the sport or night edition but you lose the 6 passenger seating and that was a no-go for me.
I will have to pull the chrome grill and paint it.

What amazes me, is no red seats in a red Dodge or Ram vehicle. We have the red seats in our Road & Track Charger RT and would LOVE it in a red truck.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
They don't give you a bench seat because 6 adults will hit the payload capacity of a Limited :LOL:.
I do a good job of pushing that limit by myself.... they used to call me one-man-gang when I did security

CLECSoft

Reaction score

Adding either the sport or night editions removes the 6 passenger seating and I like the blacked out grill so will pull it and have them dip coated.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
How big a dog are we talking about? A small one would fit right in the center console. You'd lose access to those cupholders though. ;)
75 lb German Shepherds. They take turns where one will roll into a ball right in the center on long drives.

Attachments

• Mina and Frieda on bed.jpg
    Mina and Frieda on bed.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 15

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I wish I had the bench seat in my big horn. The console hits my knee.at 6 ft 6 in, the console is too big for me

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wish I had the bench seat in my big horn. The console hits my knee.at 6 ft 6 in, the console is too big for me
At 6' 1" I'm happy and so is my knee with the bench seat. Consoles are a real pain for me and it seems like the manufactures love them.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
I have seen photos of a limited with the console removed. Looks like if you found someone wanting to switch to a console or a wrecked Laramie you could do a swap. There is a small piece where the console merges with the dash. It would be a required trim part.

Last edited:

matthew0682

Reaction score
I have seen photos of a limited with the console removed. Looks like if you found someone wanting to switch to a console or a wrecked Laramie you could do a swap. There is a small piece where the console merges with the dash. It would be a required trim part.
Do you have that picture? I have a longhorn and after driving a family members big horn with the bench seat i want it! The only thing i noticed is that if you get the brown interior package bench seat from a laramie is that you wouldnt have the Longhorn badge on the flip up portion. Also, does anyone know where to get parts from a wrecked vehicle? I am new to this site!

Thanks!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have that picture? I have a longhorn and after driving a family members big horn with the bench seat i want it! The only thing i noticed is that if you get the brown interior package bench seat from a laramie is that you wouldnt have the Longhorn badge on the flip up portion. Also, does anyone know where to get parts from a wrecked vehicle? I am new to this site!

Thanks!
probably just ebay, and I see them on offer up- but very few listings

CLECSoft

Reaction score

Thanks!
You have the console so you actually should only need to find someone wishing to 'upgrade' to the console with matching colors that is local.
shows center bench section removal.
shows console removal. I think the under-dash trim piece is the only difference. The console and bench may have different harnesses but I do not think there is anything other than 12vdc going to either one. There are control boxes under the console but I think a trip to the service department would find a mechanic who has had each removed for service or has access to the service manual to compare wiring plugs and plug-outs.

matthew0682

Reaction score
What is interesting about this topic is that when i was looking to buy i kept building it online and last year this was an option on the RAM website. I ended up finding a 2019 Longhorn fully loaded sans the RAM box and picked it up! Love the truck, but man i wish i had the bench seating too.

CLECSoft

Reaction score
What is interesting about this topic is that when i was looking to buy i kept building it online and last year this was an option on the RAM website. I ended up finding a 2019 Longhorn fully loaded sans the RAM box and picked it up! Love the truck, but man i wish i had the bench seating too.
The only complication I saw was if the floor brackets are compatible. The seat belts bolt to the bench so the rear bench seat bolts may be different to support the potential load. Doesn't look like the airbags are any different.

Users who are viewing this thread