5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have these issues 2016 ram 2500 Cummins?

BuiltbyMyHands

Reaction score
For starters I wanted a diesel Ram for years, worked super hard to finally be able to purchase a 2016 BigHorn 2500 Diesel, only to be let down from the moment I bought it. Driving home from the dealer I had felt the steering issue, (almost like i was driving drunk) pulls into other lanes an feels like your driving sideways. Brought it in, they said nothing was wrong. Next big issue, I was on the 495 which is a major highway by me, driving around 70-75mph, saw traffic begginig to slow down so I tried to stop, to my surprise nothing happened. I lost all breaking capability an had to swerve off to the shoulder an luckily was able to roll off to the next exit ramp. Brought the truck in, the mechanic looked at it, felt the breaks an wouldnt take it for a test drive, he said “not a shot I would ever drive this truck, its wayy to dangerous with the issue”. At this point I am feeling like I made the biggest mistake of my life going with a Ram truck. I waited an waited for service to help me out, they finally called me back in after an hour an half, they apologized because the loaner they were supposed to have for me was not available, either was anything else to drive, and on top of that they said itd be 6-8 weeks before the truck was even looked at an that I should “drive” it to a different place.
Right now the biggest problem is that it only goes into 1st and 4th gear, its the most frustrating thing in the world.
Honestly the list of issues goes on an on. I am in total disbelief about two things, that Ram is the worst truck I have ever owned or driven, an that the customer care/service is completely careless/horrible. There ended up being 12 recalls on this truck, not little one but serious problems from steering to tranny to engine fires.
After the way I have been treated by Dodge/Ram an the endless list of problems with this truck, I could say that I will never buy another RAM.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope ..
and since they now offer the 2019/2020 models, you should try that instead.

gotta love a 1-time poster hating on something 5 yrs old

Bellaireroad

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having problems. That is very frustrating, especially after working hard and saving up your money.

Don’t give up on ram yet. They are very good trucks, but it does sound like your experience with the dealership was poor, especially if that is where you bought it

I would get in contact with the forum member “ramcares” by personal message. They are very helpful and maybe they can help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M

MJB4450

This is why you don't buy a used vehicle unless you know it's history, i.e. what the previous owner or ten owners did to it. You can't blame Ram if someone else abused the truck for four or five years. I've owned several Chevys, many Fords and one Ram. The Ram was the best by far. Fords were OK and I'll never buy another Chevy. BTW I bought all those trucks new. The last time I bought a used vehicle was 1979. Also, I'm suspect of the post since he states he felt all these problems on the way home from the purchase. Didn't he test drive it first?

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kinda funny, though .. if it was purchased at a CDJR dealer, it would have been Certified and the tech's would have driven it and checked all those .. if it was purchased at a buy-here-pay-here, you get what you get - as-is. Since this is the person's 1st and only post, I call this post a troll ..

Kidder

Reaction score
I had a 2016 Laramie 2500 Cummins. Other than a TSB for a bad solenoid transmission pack that was replaced, I had no issues. It was a long bed, 4x4.

By the way, you're in the wrong forum. There is a dedicated Cummins Ram forum that you need to go to instead of this 5th gen forum.

Users who are viewing this thread