5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have the inside set temp and seat settings not appear up top?

ndaniels

Reaction score
My 22 has an issue where the top bar info goes missing. If I switch drivers back and fourth between one and two it’ll reappear. Am I the only one?

Software is updated and I had to hit “ok” after last over the air update. It is a nav 8.4 and picked up the truck two months ago.

Attachments

• 2AD37A00-3C0D-4451-A1EF-678C60B886C5.jpeg
    2AD37A00-3C0D-4451-A1EF-678C60B886C5.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 31

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Haven't had this issue but you might want to try a hard reset. That fixed the issues that I was having with mine.

ndaniels

Reaction score
So I did the soft reset I believe it’s called- held down volume button and tune button till screen went blank. Turned off ignition and opened door for 30sec. Then started it up and turned it back on. Everything came up like it should after that so we will see after a bit.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Well that lasted an afternoon. Is there another reset I should try?
Go into the settings and I believe if you scroll to the bottom there might be a tab called system (it's very likely there is just a tab called reset) and find the option that says factory reset. You will lose all of your radio settings doing this hard reset. If you perform this don't be alarmed if your camera or certain functions don't show up immediately sometimes the system takes a while to remember what options it has.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine does this on the 12" and I've heard of others having it as well. uConnect 5 is nothing but a buggy piece of crap.

ndaniels

Reaction score
It was back at it first thing this morning. While I really like the features of the uc5 it ain’t without its faults. My 2018 with the 4 hasn’t ever skipped a beat. Hopefully they get the software dialed in on them. Really that’s my only complaint so far on this new truck.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
You can soft reset, hard reset all you want, they will likely still disappear anyway. To get them back without resetting you can change the theme and then change back to whatever original you were on. They will still go away again though. I just put a shortcut on the screen for heated seats and wheel and now don’t worry about it not being there

Tinshield

Reaction score
All you need to do to fix that is change the theme briefly and it will come back.

ndaniels

Reaction score
Can’t change the theme driving down the road like you can the driver. I don’t even bother anymore unless I’m on a longer trip.

I need to figure out how to get my eco and performance pages to show back up now that I’ve reset it. Perf pages are iffy I know on the screens but it was nice when they were on there. All functions and gauges worked on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread