5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone done a Gen 3 ecodiesel transmission fluid change?

Synergy26

Reaction score
Anyone done a Gen 3 ecodiesel transmission fluid change? The exhaust is very close to the fill plug and difficult to get to, do you have to move the exhaust to properly fill the transmission while it's running? I have also read that the drain and fill procedures might be different on the ecodiesel. Is this true? TIA

popcenator

Reaction score
You'll need a pump to get the fluid into the transmission fill hole. I can't imagine it's different as it's the same 8HP75 transmission as the hemi.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are multiple plugs. Which one is the fill? I see at least 2 that are at the same level on the body of the trans.

popcenator

Reaction score
There are multiple plugs. Which one is the fill? I see at least 2 that are at the same level on the body of the trans.
The fill plug is on the passenger side, it's an 8mm hex.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Synergy26

Reaction score
My point is if you look there isn't any room and aren't you supposed to fill it with the engine running. The exhaust is right there.

Users who are viewing this thread