5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody else get shocked by static when getting out?

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Every time I get out of my truck and touch my driver door I get popped. Is anybody else getting this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Well, not today since we got about five inches of snow and the humidity is up. But I think it's happened to me since my first car, which by the way was a '49 Chevy..

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045501 miles.

redneck

Reaction score
its called static electricity when you slide across the seat to get out. is it dry their? do you have cloth seats?

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
its called static electricity when you slide across the seat to get out. is it dry their? do you have cloth seats?
I do have cloth seats but so do all my other vehicles and it only happens in my ram. I am pretty particular about my vehicles and I always make sure I dont slide out so that I dont mess up my seat. I hate seeing nice vehicles where the driver seat is torn on the side from sliding out.

redneck

Reaction score
I do have cloth seats but so do all my other vehicles and it only happens in my ram. I am pretty particular about my vehicles and I always make sure I dont slide out so that I dont mess up my seat. I hate seeing nice vehicles where the driver seat is torn on the side from sliding out.

redneck

Reaction score
Mabey your truck has a different cab ground than your other cars i don't get shocked much in sw Florida as the humidity is 70 to 95 % once in a blue moon in the winter time i will

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Mabey your truck has a different cab ground than your other cars i don't get shocked much in sw Florida as the humidity is 70 to 95 % once in a blue moon in the winter time i will
I'm in south Mississippi with 900% humidity lol

Maconi

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that when I first got the truck. Shocks me way more than my last vehicle did lol.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I use to get zapped when I had a Tundra. Never happened with this truck.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I get out of my truck and touch my driver door I get popped. Is anybody else getting this?

Depending on weather (more common in summer), I’ll get a shock in my finger when I push the door handle lock button after hopping out of the truck. When that happens, I have to push the button a second time to lock it.

jimchi

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread