5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to make the backup/surround view full screen?

dumbo62

Reaction score
I'd like the full screen when I back up. Also is it possible to turn on the surround view manually?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'd like the full screen when I back up. Also is it possible to turn on the surround view manually?
As of right now, nope. No full screen, at least not natively from UConnect.
Perhaps Tazer will offer this in the future? IDK.

Yes, surround view can be turned on manually (in Apps). You can also go to the apps and drag it to your bottom row as a shortcut. That's how I have mine set up.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think this was one of the biggest missteps with the 12" system. Why the hell would you not use the entire screen for the camera system? I HATE how small the reverse camera is unless I manually enlarge it. Make the reverse camera use half the screen, and put the surround camera on the other half. Nobody gives a damn about the music, maps, or anything else when they're parking or doing low speed maneuvers and trying to avoid hitting something.

dumbo62

Reaction score
I agree. What idiot designed this thing? Does FCA listen to it customers? Does anyone have a good # to call? It seems like it would be an easy software update.

Last edited:

Kizzo02

Reaction score
I think this was one of the biggest missteps with the 12" system. Why the hell would you not use the entire screen for the camera system? I HATE how small the reverse camera is unless I manually enlarge it. Make the reverse camera use half the screen, and put the surround camera on the other half. Nobody gives a damn about the music, maps, or anything else when they're parking or doing low speed maneuvers and trying to avoid hitting something.

This is actually a good idea and great use of the 12 inch screen. I'm not sure why this method wasn't implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread