5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to keep AA from changing the audio input when it connects?

g_force

Reaction score
When my Android Auto connects, it changes the audio input from whatever I'm currently listening to to Spotify, even if I was listening to the radio when I last turned the truck off. In general, I want Uconnect to default to the radio. Any way to prevent AA from changing the audio input when it connects?

BTW, it also changes Uconnect from whatever screen I'm on to the AA screen. That's also annoying, and I'd like to stop that as well. I suspect it's related to AA changing the audio input.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When my Android Auto connects, it changes the audio input from whatever I'm currently listening to to Spotify, even if I was listening to the radio when I last turned the truck off. In general, I want Uconnect to default to the radio. Any way to prevent AA from changing the audio input when it connects?

BTW, it also changes Uconnect from whatever screen I'm on to the AA screen. That's also annoying, and I'd like to stop that as well. I suspect it's related to AA changing the audio input.
Mine does not do that on my 2020. Unless I have Google maps pulled up on phone with directions on, I have to manually hit the AA button to switch to AA. If I have Google maps open for navigation, then it automatically goes to AA Google maps on display, but audio source remains on SXM radio. Might need to change you AA settings on your phone itself.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

In the AA settings on your phone there is an option to turn that off. It's something like start media when driving or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread