5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to get rid of the startup screen on the 8.4?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone figured out a way of getting rid of that dumb "Accept" start up screen when you turn the truck on? I have tried hitting the Accept option but it just comes back every time. Don't really know what the point of the accept screen is if it's going to pop up every time.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is annoying. That's why I'm hoping someone has some idea how to get rid of it :)

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here to agree - I didn't even know what screen y'all were talking about and realized I don't see it since it disappears by the time i've plugged in my Android

GRB

Reaction score
I remote start mine as I approach the truck and it's gone by the time I get in; also tunes are playing, the AC is starting to get cool, and the idle has settled down. Can you tell I love my remote start. :)

DM-SC

Reaction score
Even if you had a way to get rid of the startup screen, you'd still have to wait for the system to start before you could use it.

It's just like the startup screen on any mobile device. It's just something to look at until it finishes booting up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it goes away on its own after 10 seconds or so. I'd like it to be gone completely. I already have the big "Ram" logo that comes up on startup; I don't need the constant disclaimer reminder. If I'm stuck with it, so be it - I'm not going to cry or trade the truck :D . But if there's some way of getting rid of it, I'd like to figure out how.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Zautomotive group adds it to the functions of the TazerDT.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I probably still have some O Jays or Meatloaf hanging around to toss into that thing :D

DM-SC

Reaction score
Except you have to shove a book of matches under 8 track cartridge to align it or it plays 2 tracks of Black Sabath at the same time.......lol o_O
That happened to me once! Had an incredible urge to bite the head off a bird!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Except you have to shove a book of matches under 8 track cartridge to align it or it plays 2 tracks of Black Sabath at the same time.......lol o_O
I always used a small window ice scraper to wedge the cassette.

:ROFLMAO:

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, now that we are done (hopefully) with 8 track fun, any other ideas on getting rid of this screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/