5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Ridetech users here?

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I've looked through about every thread and have yet to see a 5th gen running Ridetech. I ended up with the black sheep Ram that disqualifies itself from most options (4x4 Etorque with 22's) according to Beltech and Maxtrac.

I looked at the IHC kit, but I don't love the idea of a 3" upper and lower on a 4x4 and I really don't want to go down the road of the cut kit. I'd love a drop spindle but don't want to have to fork out extra money for new hubs on a brand new truck.

So this has led me to Ridetech. It's the most expensive of the kits by a considerably amount, but I'm not opposed to it if I can keep close to the same ride quality while improving handling. I also like the fact I can independently adjust each corner for the exact attitude I want (I actually prefer a slight rake due to the Ram looking like it's nose high when bang on level). The rear cut kit looks way less involved as well. I'm planning on ending up somewhere around a 2.5/4 or 3/4.

I was just hoping some other members have tried this out and can provide some feedback on quality of parts, installation gremlins if any, and overall daily ride quality. I'd just hate to shell out $3,500 bucks and end up hating it. The much cheaper option is the Maxtrac front struts, rear 2" lowering spring, core 4x4 links, belltech bump stop, qa1 shocks, and adjustable panhard bar. I actually have everything but the 2" lowering springs, and talking with Maxtrac, they seem to think the 2" spring on the E torque would be closer to a 3" drop. I just don't know if I'll love the ride quality and the front struts are still suspect to me.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Me. I only used the front coil-overs and rear shocks because I have Timber Grove bags in the rear. But, I’m sure the entire kit rides fairly similar.

Last edited:

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping to find someone running the entire kit, as rear dampening differences will definitely make a difference over all. From you experience, seeing as it appears you've tried a couple different lowering kits; how would you say the front ride tech compares to factory in terms of ride quality. I thought I read that you said when you were running just the fronts, it wasn't a noticeable difference compared to the Maxtrac kit? If that is the case; seeing as I have the Maxtrac struts already, I may be better served to just install those, cut the rear bump stops off, and toss in my Qa1 rear shocks and the Maxtrac leveling springs. I've just heard a lot of people complain about the RQ of the Maxtrac kit, and the fact the tires rub on the fender liners over large dips on the highway. Our roads suck around here, so having a good kit is important.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping to find someone running the entire kit, as rear dampening differences will definitely make a difference over all. From you experience, seeing as it appears you've tried a couple different lowering kits; how would you say the front ride tech compares to factory in terms of ride quality. I thought I read that you said when you were running just the fronts, it wasn't a noticeable difference compared to the Maxtrac kit? If that is the case; seeing as I have the Maxtrac struts already, I may be better served to just install those, cut the rear bump stops off, and toss in my Qa1 rear shocks and the Maxtrac leveling springs. I've just heard a lot of people complain about the RQ of the Maxtrac kit, and the fact the tires rub on the fender liners over large dips on the highway. Our roads suck around here, so having a good kit is important.

The ride with Ridetech is quite a bit different than factory. The factory suspension on these trucks is pretty soft. Mine rode like a Cadillac when it was factory. Now, ride quality is obviously a personal perspective. I’d say a little stiffer, more responsive suspension is better. Especially on a lowered truck. I found the front Maxtrac setup to be fairly soft like factory suspension. I’m sure that is why it rubbed the fender liners. Others have not experienced that issue and I’m not sure why, or how. I was considering moving the clip on the strut to raise the truck up a little, but decided to just go with the Ridetech setup. I have not experienced the rubbing issues yet with the front Ridetech coil-overs. I will say the Ridetech is definitely a stiffer ride. I’m not saying it’s bad, just stiffer. Just driving straight down the road, there is some difference, it’s just not huge. I do feel bumps a little more. The cornering is night and day difference with the Ridetech front coil-overs and Ridetech rear shocks. I’m going to give it a little longer and then lower the rebound adjustment a few clicks on all four to see how the ride changes. I wish that the Ridetech kit offered compression adjustments as well, but they only offer rebound adjustments. I’m satisfied with the ride. It is a lowered tuck, which will never ride like a stock truck. I can’t see anyone being disappointed with the Ridetech kit, unless they expect it to ride like a factory truck. Throw on the struts you have, grab some rear lowering springs, get an alignment done and try that for a while. The springs should be pretty cheap. If you don’t like it after driving it for a while, get the Ridetech kit and sell your other stuff.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Of course, I would expect a lowered truck to have a stiffer feel. You cannot reduce travel distance and keep the same ride quality. There are some kits that are considerably better than others however. I have heard the belltech kits ride extremely rough compared to others brands, so I just didn't want to end up going a direction that ended with poor results. I'm OK with a sporty ride, not a rough ride, if that makes sense. I got my fill from my lowered SRT Jeep lol.

I agree with you on the compression rebound. I initially looked into Beltechs coil over kit that offered both, but for some reason they say it won't work with E torque vehicles, which makes 0 sense to me. They say the front suspension is different, but I can't find anything in the schematics that shows a differentiation between E torque and non E torque. I know the 22's have different hubs, but that has zero bearing on strut attachment. I could see them saying the additional weight would cause issues with the coil over being sprung differently, but I would think that would apply more to the rear than the front, and I don't see how that would be any different than riding around with an extra passenger anyways. The entire e torque system adds 90 lbs to a hemi, so I don't see how this would cause any issues with any kit (Maxtrac says their rear springs ride an inch lower with E torque trucks). If their springs are that weak, I don't think I'd want to go that direction anyways. That means throwing my dirtbike in the bed would drop the back over an inch? Seems like a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread