5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any New Lift Kits Available Soon?

pguerrero693

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any updates on new lift kits?
I have a 2019 Laramie 4WD.

I know ProComp and FabTech have 6in kits available. Little pricey in my opinion.
Rough country has a 6 inch- not expensive but has been criticized for not being great quality.
CST has a 6.5 inch on the way.

Im not against getting a 6 inch but I’m 5’9, drive quite a bit, inside parking garages at times too. So 4, 4.5 would be ideal. Lower than that wouldn’t be an option. I’m thinking 35s on 20s.
Anyone hear of any 4 inch or 4.5?
Never lifted a truck either so would appreciate any feedback and your thoughts. Black Friday is approaching so if I’m going to get something It’s pretty much crunch time. Lol thanks all.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because these trucks clear 35s with as little as a 2 inch level depending on wheel offset, and the available 3.5 kits I don't know if we will ever see a true 4 or 4.5 knuckle kit, maybe zone and bds will release one but they haven't given much detail as to what's in the works. A 2.5" level kit and 1.5" body lift may be another option available in the near future, right now the options are 3.5 or 6. If you're really only after getting 35s underneath it doesn't take much height unless you want a really aggressive stance like a 12 wide wheel with -44 offset.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Rancho said their quicklifts are coming out Q1 2019, so I assume they developed their full lift on the same test truck they picked up earlier this month. IIRC, they tend to do 4" kits.

pguerrero693

Reaction score
Because these trucks clear 35s with as little as a 2 inch level depending on wheel offset, and the available 3.5 kits I don't know if we will ever see a true 4 or 4.5 knuckle kit, maybe zone and bds will release one but they haven't given much detail as to what's in the works. A 2.5" level kit and 1.5" body lift may be another option available in the near future, right now the options are 3.5 or 6. If you're really only after getting 35s underneath it doesn't take much height unless you want a really aggressive stance like a 12 wide wheel with -44 offset.

That’s exactly what I want.
12 wide -44 offset
Which kit would you recommend..? Best bang for buck but Obviously don’t want something cheap going into my truck either. Not going to be doing any off-roading.

pguerrero693

Reaction score
Rancho said their quicklifts are coming out Q1 2019, so I assume they developed their full lift on the same test truck they picked up earlier this month. IIRC, they tend to do 4" kits.

Thanks. I think that’s a little too long for me though lol. Have you heard of any shocks? It’s going to suck to have to install that kit and then do the shocks afterwards.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I want.
12 wide -44 offset
Which kit would you recommend..? Best bang for buck but Obviously don’t want something cheap going into my truck either. Not going to be doing any off-roading.
If you're not taking it off road the rough country will be fine, if you plan on abusing it the fabtech. I have cracked pro comp lifts in the past but this quite some time ago on an IFS drop bracket kit which they don't build anymore, I have never ran an RC, but they are aimed towards the lifted for show versus lifted for go crowd but should hold up on a daily driver just fine. At this point, personally I would hold out for a bds release and pay the extra money for it.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a 4-5" kit. Don't really like preload spacers and the angles for the 3.5" kit are right on the edge of being acceptable or not. The 6" lift is a little too much for me because I screwed up and got 3.21s and 35s will turn it into a dog, plus my wheels are only +10 offset.

KevinB79

Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a 4-5" kit. Don't really like preload spacers and the angles for the 3.5" kit are right on the edge of being acceptable or not. The 6" lift is a little too much for me because I screwed up and got 3.21s and 35s will turn it into a dog, plus my wheels are only +10 offset.
hi, what do you mean by turning it into a dog? I got 3.21s on my Ram and was thinking of doing a 6 inch lift with 20 or 22 inch deep dish wheels on 35 tire..I want the aggressive look.

RamRebel19

Reaction score
The Fabtech 6" kit is great. I've posted about RC's quality before. It's not as good. You get what you pay for. The metal is thinner on the spacers and the welds on my friend's truck cracked when we lowered it from the lift. They are pretty good about sending replacement parts, but that shouldn't happen under normal weight of the truck. I wouldn't recommend RC at all, even for just street driving, especially after seeing how cheap the kit looks. Save your money and get something better.

Jhaney

Reaction score
hi, what do you mean by turning it into a dog? I got 3.21s on my Ram and was thinking of doing a 6 inch lift with 20 or 22 inch deep dish wheels on 35 tire..I want the aggressive look.
Prolly have to regear to bring performance and mpg’s back after that combo.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll lose a little bit of power and will probably have trouble finding 8th gear on the highway.

KevinB79

Reaction score
You'll lose a little bit of power and will probably have trouble finding 8th gear on the highway.
O ok thought that’s what you meant by that. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Boomer

Reaction score
I am also waiting for a true 4 inch lift. My 2014 had an RC 4 inch lift with 35’s. Perfect setup for me.

Users who are viewing this thread