5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any advantage to using premium fuel

eezram

Reaction score
H/O Recommends premium for full power, but is there any advantage in the S/O? I have heard and seen conflicting reports. Maybe premium fuel while towing a decent size load? Thoughts on this and what if any advantage premium fuel might give.

Purely anecdotal evidence here but I gave it a try in my S/O a few times when I was towing and/or it was hot outside (per the recommendation from the owners manual) and I seemed to get worse milage but I might have noticed some more power. Hard to say for sure, it might have been in my head as well. I don't see the need to spend the extra money on premium fuel. In my area we typically see 87 as regular, 91 as premium, not too common to see 93.

I think we switched over to winter blend fuel in my area recently because I noticed a 1-2 MPG decrease per the trip average MPG in the cluster but I would see similar results in the Hemi when it was winter blend.

Pardon my ignorance, what does "more timing" mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back