5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another update... ? Dumb question...

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered but I couldn't find it. Got a over the air alert to update ( which I didn’t) but there is no info on what the update is..? See picture... is this the recall update that fixes a supposed camera issue or The update that takes away pandora... ? Or both..?

For now I’m not updating cause I don’t want to mess up the uconnect which has been working great since the last OTA.

Attachments

• 4C6582D6-C9AD-467A-899F-80BEF696E79F.jpeg
    4C6582D6-C9AD-467A-899F-80BEF696E79F.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 65

Gunny1213

Reaction score
I received a recall notice in the mail about the back up camera and radio upgrade and to expect it to come automatically in May through the radio or I can take it to the dealership for the recall to be performed sooner. The recall notice came a couple of weeks ago and i was putting it off and today it showed up on my screen and I went ahead and allowed the update to proceed. it took approximately 35 - 40 minutes and no issues. everything is working as normal. hope this helps.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I received a recall notice in the mail about the back up camera and radio upgrade and to expect it to come automatically in May through the radio or I can take it to the dealership for the recall to be performed sooner. The recall notice came a couple of weeks ago and i was putting it off and today it showed up on my screen and I went ahead and allowed the update to proceed. it took approximately 35 - 40 minutes and no issues. everything is working as normal. hope this helps.
It does. Thank you.... just one question, did you lose your ability to have pandora stations on your uconnect ? Seems there’s some info out there that this update took that away...

Gunny1213

Reaction score
No I did not lose any options - in fact not much has changed that you would notice. You lose some options only while the satellite is downloading the upgrade and as soon as the update is finished everything returned back to normal.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
No I did not lose any options - in fact not much has changed that you would notice. You lose some options only while the satellite is downloading the upgrade and as soon as the update is finished everything returned back to normal.
Thank you for the response.... I guess I’ll go for it especially since the screen is yelling at me every time I turn off the truck to do the update.

Gunny1213

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes but you should be fine with no issues, Have a good day!

braggster

Reaction score
I Like how it says you will loose some driving functions during the update and to have the vehicle in park. Anyone been able to get their vehicle to move while in park?

Users who are viewing this thread