5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another question on tires

EAB

Reaction score
Hi all! I know there are a few threads in this that are a bit dated, so thought I would ask again.

I have a 23 RAM Limited with the stock 285/45r22. I can’t stand the rubber bands and wants to get bigger tires, I want to keep the stock wheels and don’t plan on modifying the suspension (vehicle has factory aur ride).

I am leaning towards a 285/55r22, any one have experience/pics with this?

1. If so, any impact to MPG?
2. How is the road noise?
3. Any rubbing?
4. Would I need to recalibrate for speed readings?

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• IMG_8899.jpeg
    IMG_8899.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 2

kwill

Reaction score
That tire will be the same width but more than 2" taller so your speedo will be off about 5MPH at 70MPH. Road noise is more a function of tread pattern, not size. I don't know about rubbing.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They'll also be heavier and will affect your fuel economy. And you're not gonna want to maneuver thru any parking lots at entry/exit height with that tall of a tire. I was in your shoes with the '21 Limited I used to own. I went the opposite direction and dropped down to 18's to get more sidewall, and was able to stick with the stock 32" tire diameter.

Users who are viewing this thread