5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another New Ram owner here!

Rich734

Reaction score
Some people get the cart before the horse. Not me; after reading about all the horror stories of people getting more trailer than their truck can handle, I got my horse first. All 400 of them. Didn't plan on it. Drove to Iowa from Florida to visit my father-in-law in a nursing home and dropped by a dealer in Memphis that had one on the lot with nearly everything I was looking for (and a few things I wasn't). I was just hoping to get some hands-on inspection of the truck and get some questions answered. Now I have all the time in the world to inspect it! New truck with minor hail damage (repaired) sold certified and with a used price tag. So here is "the Beast". (Not sure if that's going to be it's name or not but it fits!)

Tow Vehicle-01.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! I especially like the color. I see you have the longer 6.4 bed. Very nice. :)

Rich734

Reaction score
Welcome! I especially like the color. I see you have the longer 6.4 bed. Very nice. :)

Thanks for your info Dr. Jim. My sticker says the payload is 3904 lbs. That's going to be close since my pin weight is going to be right about 3100 lbs. Along with fuel, me and the wife and a couple hundred pounds of tools, generator, and miscellaneous stuff, we're going to be right around the max payload number. I really didn't want to get a dually and I wanted more than a basic truck with minimal "luxury" ad-dons so I ended up with this. 6.7L 400 Hp engine, 1000 ft-lbs torque, and nearly every option included. The more options the less payload. Many were not on my initial wish list yet here we are. I'm sure I'll "make do" with what I have!

Users who are viewing this thread