5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another “is this a good deal” thread?

Cuppedup

Reaction score
‘19 Bighorn with CC short box. 5.7L Etorque. 4x4, anti-spin. Level 2 convenience, bucket seats, with 22K miles. I’d like to get body colored bumpers but can’t find a cheap sport package for cheap so I can always get them painted later seeing as how this seems like a lower cost than what I was expecting to pay. They’re asking $32,7XX. It has everything I really need and so far I can’t find much cheaper

Build sheet...

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
‘19 Bighorn with CC short box. 5.7L Etorque. 4x4, anti-spin. Level 2 convenience, bucket seats, with 22K miles. I’d like to get body colored bumpers but can’t find a cheap sport package for cheap so I can always get them painted later seeing as how this seems like a lower cost than what I was expecting to pay. They’re asking $32,7XX. It has everything I really need and so far I can’t find much cheaper

Build sheet...

Be nice if you could get them down to 27-29.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Original MSRP on that truck was $53,205. So, it's likely the original owner got around 20% off MSRP when they bought it. For the sake of simplicity, lets assume the original purchase price was $42,000. Based upon the options and the fact that inventory is lower due to COVID, I don't think that around 32K is bad at all. I don't think any dealership would sell you that truck for under 30K right now. Here is the window sticker for it:

Attachments

• 1C6SRFFT9KN840469.pdf
    93.2 KB · Views: 12

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 57521
Hmmm take a look at this sticker n options not even for sure if folding mirrors is on it but came with it 27500 with 26000 miles

Why is the VIN blacked out? Anyway, that is for a Quad, the crew base price is about $3,000 more to begin with and has better resale value. Using my prior 20% theory, this truck probably sold for 37k new (the other around 42K)...already a good difference (5k). Since the crew OP is looking at has lower mileage, a few more options, and the better resale value of a crew; the 32K price isn't bad. They are both Big Horns; but not the same.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like a well-optioned Big Horn for a decent price. My biggest issue with it would be that it doesn't have the LED lighting package.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why is the VIN blacked out? Anyway, that is for a Quad, the crew base price is about $3,000 more to begin with and has better resale value. Using my prior 20% theory, this truck probably sold for 37k new (the other around 42K)...already a good difference (5k). Since the crew OP is looking at has lower mileage, a few more options, and the better resale value of a crew; the 32K price isn't bad. They are both Big Horns; but not the same.

Lol. Because I bought it that’s why I blacked it out. But I would def grind him for 29 or 30 out the door

Cuppedup

Reaction score
The only issue I see with this one is the chrome bumpers whereas I REALLY was looking for a sport with color matched bumpers. I have seen several posts saying people are getting them sandblasted and painter or wrapped, and other posts saying shops avoid chrome at all costs. What have you guys heard about painting/powder coating and/or wrapping bumpers?

Cuppedup

Reaction score
Has anyone painted/powder coated/wrapped the chrome bumpers? If so, how much am I looking at?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe watch this YT vid titled: “This is why you can’t paint chrome bumpers”. A bit misleading cause’ he did, him and a friend spent 27 hours sanding and painting... he explains it. Skip to like 3:30 to get past stuff that has nothing to do with the topic.
Ryan Mayer is the channel, look it up.

This Is Why You CAN'T PAINT CHROME BUMPERS!! - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

landk00

Reaction score
Curious --- what do you end up paying out the door for the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread