5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto question.

Kingnothing

Reaction score
Is there anyway to disable Android auto auto connect? Most of the time I just want to charge my phone I don't need any of the Android Auto apps.Kind of annoying every time I plug my phone in Google maps comes up when I don't want it.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just push the radio icon or whatever you do want to see on the screen and ignore the AA? That's what I do. Most of the time I'm just charging my phone as well, but I like having AA ready to go in case I want to use it and not screw around reactivating it in a menu somewhere. Alternatively, you could plug it into the USB port under the center armrest since that is charging only (assuming you have the center console and not the bench seat). Or you could also use a standard home charging cable in the 115v outlet.

Kingnothing

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I do now. I think my problem is a loose connection on my phone, it connects and reconnects every 2 minutes that's why it's annoying. I guess it's a good excuse to buy a new phone.

Kidder

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I do now. I think my problem is a loose connection on my phone, it connects and reconnects every 2 minutes that's why it's annoying. I guess it's a good excuse to buy a new phone.
Turn off the mirroring feature (or whatever it is called).

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
I thought the port in the console was charge only? Try running a cable to that one.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see. That would be annoying. Have you tried cleaning out the port on the phone or a new cable? My son's phone had a similar problem. Charging cable would fall out over time and AA didn't work at all. Carefully cleaned out the port with a paperclip and all is well now. It was surprising how much crap got compacted down in there and his phone is only a year old.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's the wire most of the time, mine kept connecting and disconnecting, for sure I thought it was the phone port.

Turns out buying a quality aftermarket cable fixed the issue permanently, no more cutting in and out.

As for the original question, the above answers work, but also you can simply go into the Android Auto app and turn off auto turn on from there as well.

Kingnothing

Reaction score
I see. That would be annoying. Have you tried cleaning out the port on the phone or a new cable? My son's phone had a similar problem. Charging cable would fall out over time and AA didn't work at all. Carefully cleaned out the port with a paperclip and all is well now. It was surprising how much crap got compacted down in there and his phone is only a year old.
I'll try cleaning out the port, I also ordered a quality cord from Amazon. Well see.

Notro

Reaction score
Is there anyway to disable Android auto auto connect? Most of the time I just want to charge my phone I don't need any of the Android Auto apps.Kind of annoying every time I plug my phone in Google maps comes up when I don't want it.
You should be able to change a setting in the Android Auto app that will stop it from auto connecting.

smashweights

Reaction score
This is easy. Go to phone, phone pairing, screening mirroring. Turn screen mirroring off. No Android auto. You can also turn off USB auto play in audio, usb settings.

PMantle

Reaction score
My Android Auto comes on(on my phone) even if I am not connected by wire. Can I make it to where it c only comes on when plugged in?

Users who are viewing this thread