5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto google navigation voice only come out of left speaker.

Matt_T

Reaction score
As the title says. When connected to uconnect and using google nav turn instructions only come out of left speaker with no volume control. Its hard to hear on freeways. All other audio seems fine.

Using Note 9 through usb and bluetooth wont stay off while near truck.

Anyone else have this or is this "working as intended "

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing - only the left dash speaker. Occasionally it’s plenty loud enough, but more often than not it’s inaudible.

Matt_T

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing - only the left dash speaker. Occasionally it’s plenty loud enough, but more often than not it’s inaudible.
It's hard to trouble shoot since I don't know what is intended by design. If only left speaker is intended then volume control needs to be added.
Dunno, its an annoying that my $200 android double din had more functionality then then this POS OEM stereo.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's hard to trouble shoot since I don't know what is intended by design. If only left speaker is intended then volume control needs to be added.
Dunno, its an annoying that my $200 android double din had more functionality then then this POS OEM stereo.
Like I said, SOMETIMES, mine is loud enough - usually isn't.

A few weeks back I was on a trip and had a 2019 BigHorn as a rental and it was also only out of the left dash speaker, however it was always loud and clear.

banditsc

Reaction score
When the NAV instructions are coming thru the speaker, use the volume knob to turn up the volume. It only comes out of the left speaker by design, same for the onboard NAV.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've tried that and it didn't change the NAV volume, only the radio volume. I also tried to quickly increase the volume on the phone while it was still talking at me, but that also didn't help.

banditsc

Reaction score
Definitely need to change it while it's speaking or it will change the radio volume, that's at least how it works on mine.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My radio doesnt shut off when the NAV is talking. I'd have to experiment to determine if it is source dependant (radio vs USB media, etc.).

Matt_T

Reaction score
I've tried that and it didn't change the NAV volume, only the radio volume. I also tried to quickly increase the volume on the phone while it was still talking at me, but that also didn't help.
Same on both. No dice.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Yes, left speaker only is by design...driver is the one that needs the info...

You can use the knob or steering wheel control to adjust the volume while the voice is playing...very small window of opportunity, hard to hit if the statements are short.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread