5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto full screen?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a way to find your desired destination in Maps and then "share" it to the factory Nav to guide you there?

I know I can do that on my phone now (with UC in my '19). I find it in Maps and then do Share (on my Android phone) to UConnect. After a minute or so it pops up on my UC screen and asks if I want to go there.

That's handy, but not as cool as if you could do it all on the UC unit itself (from Maps running in AA on UC directly to factory Nav - without having to go through the UC cloud). It would be nice to not need to ever touch my phone to get a POI from Maps to the factory Nav. And, of course, also would be nice to not have to pay for a UC subscription to have that capability...
I'm not sure. I haven't tried sending anything to factory Nav. I used to do that with my 300 back before Android Auto.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a way to find your desired destination in Maps and then "share" it to the factory Nav to guide you there?

I know I can do that on my phone now (with UC in my '19). I find it in Maps and then do Share (on my Android phone) to UConnect. After a minute or so it pops up on my UC screen and asks if I want to go there.

That's handy, but not as cool as if you could do it all on the UC unit itself (from Maps running in AA on UC directly to factory Nav - without having to go through the UC cloud). It would be nice to not need to ever touch my phone to get a POI from Maps to the factory Nav. And, of course, also would be nice to not have to pay for a UC subscription to have that capability...
Factory Nav sucks anyways, and I would never use it to actually get me anywhere. Roads are outdated, and not sure if it could import an address, from another app, it doesn't have in its own data base.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a little good news about the factory Nav. My wife and I were looking for a house on Kay Lynn Dr, and no matter how clear I enunciated Google kept trying "Kalen Dr". I was about to pull over when I decided to give the factory Nav a go. Sure enough, pulled up Kay Lynn Dr and took us right there.

Later on however, I tried again to find a Ramen place, in Arkansas, and it kept wanting me to go to Vegas. Not today Rebel. Google was able to help this time.

So, kinda glad I have both.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a little good news about the factory Nav. My wife and I were looking for a house on Kay Lynn Dr, and no matter how clear I enunciated Google kept trying "Kalen Dr". I was about to pull over when I decided to give the factory Nav a go. Sure enough, pulled up Kay Lynn Dr and took us right there.

Later on however, I tried again to find a Ramen place, in Arkansas, and it kept wanting me to go to Vegas. Not today Rebel. Google was able to help this time.

So, kinda glad I have both.
That's why I always just type in the address. Too many issues with voice to text on every platform.

Users who are viewing this thread