5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto connecting through Bluetooth with Android 11

RJS

Reaction score
Saw a mention of this in an earlier post so I Googled and found this article that explains the procedure. I went looking as I tried it by just starting the AA app but it was limited. I haven't had time to use the procedure and won't for a day or two so let me know if it works.

Barnyard

Reaction score
Pretty sure wireless Android Auto connects over WiFi. Bluetooth just doesn't have the bandwidth to support it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RJS

Reaction score
Pretty sure wireless Android Auto connects over WiFi. Bluetooth just doesn't have the bandwidth to support it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I believe you are correct. Just had Bluetooth on the brain. Thanks, just can't edit the title.

JimD007

Reaction score
I believe Android Auto connects by bluetooth but only some android phones are capable. My Galaxy A10e is not capable. Google Pixel or newer and Galaxy S8 or newer will do it. My phone occasionally makes the connection but if I want it to work I plug it in.

Reaction score
I've tried briefly to get this to work wirelessly without success. I'd love to know if this is possible!

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uconnect 4 (which is on all current Rams) is not capable of wireless Android Auto or Car Play from the factory.

Uconnect 5 will do it, but there is no info on when Ram will offer it. I'm guessing '22 along with a minor refresh, but that's 100% speculation on my part.

Viking42

Reaction score
So i got this info because i already bought from them
a Module to connect android wirlessly, over wifi

now i'm myself still unsure, this trader is okay, but the product looks too good to be true

Users who are viewing this thread