5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android 12 broke Android Auto

grooves12

Reaction score
I have a Pixel 4a5g and recently updated to Android 12. I am not unable to get Android Auto to launch on my 2019 Big Horn. I get a notification on the phone saying "connecting" and then one that says try a different cord or port, which I have done to no avail. It works fine on my Toyota infotainment.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Android Auto w/ Android 12? Anyone have it working?

Have you tried unpairing your phone, doing a soft reset on the radio, and then re pair? Just an idea.

Go into projection manager on uconnect and reenable it for your phone.

Go into projection manager on uconnect and reenable it for your phone.
Projection manager? I don't see anything like that in uconnect menus. Only "phone/Bluetooth" which only gives option to pair/unpair

I have a Pixel 4a5g and recently updated to Android 12. I am not unable to get Android Auto to launch on my 2019 Big Horn. I get a notification on the phone saying "connecting" and then one that says try a different cord or port, which I have done to no avail. It works fine on my Toyota infotainment.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Android Auto w/ Android 12? Anyone have it working?
If it makes you feel any better, I beta tested Android 12 and had issues with Android Auto on our minivan early on with that very first beta release. Google will likely update the Android Auto App sooner than later.

You can always try going to Settings > Apps > See All Apps > Android Auto > Storage > Clear Cache & Clear Storage and then set it back up again (on both vehicles).

Projection manager? I don't see anything like that in uconnect menus. Only "phone/Bluetooth" which only gives option to pair/unpair
start with bluetooth only. Go into phone. hit the pairing button at the bottom.

on the right, phone projection manager is the 4th button down. toggle it then connect your phone with USB and reenable it and toggle the phone itself and it should trigger android auto and "fix" it. Unlock your phone and check for a prompt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back