5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amplifier wiring diagram

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has access to the amplifier wiring diagram for the harman/kardon equipped 2019-2021 trucks?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never mind I found it.

ejfoulks

Reaction score
so if i tap ito my factory sub wiring by the sub itself i can hook up my JL LOC22 to that to get a signal to my amp?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so if i tap ito my factory sub wiring by the sub itself i can hook up my JL LOC22 to that to get a signal to my amp?
A lot of people suggested tapping into a full-range signal instead (which is what I did for mine, but I have the Alpine system). The only real problem I see with tapping into the subwoofer wiring is this – you are using a post-processed signal (narrower freq sweep), so you will have to live with a narrower frequency range with your aftermarket amp & sub. I would even venture to say that it might muddy the signal some and cause issues with the amp’s signal, but this comment really has no basis without me getting it on an oscilloscope.

ejfoulks

Reaction score
A lot of people suggested tapping into a full-range signal instead (which is what I did for mine, but I have the Alpine system). The only real problem I see with tapping into the subwoofer wiring is this – you are using a post-processed signal (narrower freq sweep), so you will have to live with a narrower frequency range with your aftermarket amp & sub. I would even venture to say that it might muddy the signal some and cause issues with the amp’s signal, but this comment really has no basis without me getting it on an oscilloscope.
I tapped the Green/Blue and Green/Orange wires. form the diagram. the wires I tapped are not allowing me to control the volume to the subs from the head unit only by bass knob. I used an ANC bypass harness and thats where i tapped for the rear + & - wires. Did i tap the wrong wires or should have i tapped in after the AMP?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tapped the Green/Blue and Green/Orange wires. form the diagram. the wires I tapped are not allowing me to control the volume to the subs from the head unit only by bass knob. I used an ANC bypass harness and thats where i tapped for the rear + & - wires. Did i tap the wrong wires or should have i tapped in after the AMP?
Am I understanding correctly that you tapped into the ANC microphone?

ejfoulks

Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly that you tapped into the ANC microphone?
no, i tapped into the rear speaker wires (according to the diagram) but i have an ANC bypass harness that i used to tap tap so i didn't have to go into the OEM ones.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

no, i tapped into the rear speaker wires (according to the diagram) but i have an ANC bypass harness that i used to tap tap so i didn't have to go into the OEM ones.

Ok, I'm a little confused because of the first quoted post in my reply here. In the wiring diagram for the HK system in the link you provided, the speaker pinout is below:
Left rear speaker
Positive: Gray/ Green
Negative: Gray/ Dark Green

Right rear speaker
Positive: Dark Green/ Green
Negative: Dark Green/ Gray

The only thing I see that you possibly tapped into is the front right door tweeter positive (Dark Blue/ Green) and the positive of ANC mic 4 (Orange/ Green). Unless I'm going crazy, that's what I see happening. I'm also not sure why you only tapped two wires.

Edit: Ok, I see why you may have tapped one set of wires and I'm attaching a pic from the LOC22 manual for others who may stumble upon this later. That being said and according to the diagram in the link you provided, if you want to tap the subwoofer wires and bridge the LOC22, it should be on the below wires:
Subwoofer wires
Positive: Gray/ Brown
Negative: Dark Green/ Brown

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-01-17 17-09-01.png
    Screenshot from 2022-01-17 17-09-01.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

ejfoulks

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't been able to get a good pic of what I done but I kind of drew it out here. I didn't want to hack the OEM wires so using the ANC bypass from LLJ Customs, and going off the wiring diagram, I traced the spot where the two wires I used (Green/Blue and Green/Orange wires) go into the bypass plug and tapped there, then ran to the LOC. The only reason I tapped one set of wires and not two is because the subs are run by a single set of wires.

I don't know why this is giving me such a hard time. I did a 21 Titan with the Fender system, a 21 Armada with the Bose system, 17 Ram (non-premium sound) and had no issues but these 5th Gen Limited's are kicking my butt.

Attachments

• HK system bypass.jpg
    HK system bypass.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 209

ejfoulks

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a little confused because of the first quoted post in my reply here. In the wiring diagram for the HK system in the link you provided, the speaker pinout is below:
Left rear speaker
Positive: Gray/ Green
Negative: Gray/ Dark Green

Right rear speaker
Positive: Dark Green/ Green
Negative: Dark Green/ Gray

The only thing I see that you possibly tapped into is the front right door tweeter positive (Dark Blue/ Green) and the positive of ANC mic 4 (Orange/ Green). Unless I'm going crazy, that's what I see happening. I'm also not sure why you only tapped two wires.

Edit: Ok, I see why you may have tapped one set of wires and I'm attaching a pic from the LOC22 manual for others who may stumble upon this later. That being said and according to the diagram in the link you provided, if you want to tap the subwoofer wires and bridge the LOC22, it should be on the below wires:
Subwoofer wires
Positive: Gray/ Brown
Negative: Dark Green/ Brown
I will try the subs next. Thank you. I did kinda show what I done in a pic below.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't been able to get a good pic of what I done but I kind of drew it out here. I didn't want to hack the OEM wires so using the ANC bypass from LLJ Customs, and going off the wiring diagram, I traced the spot where the two wires I used (Green/Blue and Green/Orange wires) go into the bypass plug and tapped there, then ran to the LOC. The only reason I tapped one set of wires and not two is because the subs are run by a single set of wires.

I don't know why this is giving me such a hard time. I did a 21 Titan with the Fender system, a 21 Armada with the Bose system, 17 Ram (non-premium sound) and had no issues but these 5th Gen Limited's are kicking my butt.
There we go, that’s the answer! You need to use a post processed signal, so where you tapped is apparently not enough voltage to do the conversion for the RCA outputs on the LOC22. Try switching to the subwoofer wires I talked about on the output of the amplifier, and make sure you bridge the connection in parallel at the LOC22 speaker level inputs. The other option could be to tap left and right rear speaker connections from the output of the amplifier, Which would give you a full range signal in case you didn’t like the range that the stock amp gives the subwoofer.

ejfoulks

Reaction score
There we go, that’s the answer! You need to use a post processed signal, so where you tapped is apparently not enough voltage to do the conversion for the RCA outputs on the LOC22. Try switching to the subwoofer wires I talked about on the output of the amplifier, and make sure you bridge the connection in parallel at the LOC22 speaker level inputs. The other option could be to tap left and right rear speaker connections from the output of the amplifier, Which would give you a full range signal in case you didn’t like the range that the stock amp gives the subwoofer.
ah ok, I needed to tap in AFTER the amp, not before. That's why I have no control of the volume to the subs. Your a genius!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ah ok, I needed to tap in AFTER the amp, not before. That's why I have no control of the volume to the subs. Your a genius!
Let me know how it works out

TechGoku

Reaction score
tapping the sub wire worked like a charm. thanks a million. we have volume control now from the head unit.
What color wires where your post amp sub wires? Also, what year make model is your truck?

IceyTys

Reaction score
What color wires where your post amp sub wires? Also, what year make model is your truck?
According to the diagram the sub wires AFTER the amp should be Grey/Brown (+) and Dark Green/Brown (-).

Users who are viewing this thread