5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp power running boards.

mtt582

Reaction score
My AMP running boards will be here tomorrow. Anyone got and tips to make the install easier? I also don’t have a torque wrench. Is it absolutely necessary? I put their truck bed step on without one and it’s been fine.

Brunzca

Reaction score
My AMP running boards will be here tomorrow. Anyone got and tips to make the install easier? I also don’t have a torque wrench. Is it absolutely necessary? I put their truck bed step on without one and it’s been fine.
I got a cheap torque from Harbor Freight, but could have done it without. Just be very careful when tightening the motors to the frame, because they can and absolutely will crack if you overtighten

mtt582

Reaction score
I got a cheap torque from Harbor Freight, but could have done it without. Just be very careful when tightening the motors to the frame, because they can and absolutely will crack if you overtighten
I risked it put em on last night. I did over tighten and snap a bolt on the harness bracket but that was like the least important one. The linkage and the motor went on smooth. But o my god mounting the actual boards was such a pain in my ***. I probably spent an hour a piece trying to get those things on.

Users who are viewing this thread