5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloha from Hawaii! New to the Forum with my 3rd RAM vehicle, a North Edition...

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aloha 5thGen owners!

New to the forum and on my 3rd DODGE/RAM vehicle.
Had an 04 1500 Laramie 4x4, sold that when I bought my Promaster City in 2016. Love my Promaster City, still got it, but been looking at a new truck since last summer.
Came across an unusually built Bighorn at the dealership down the hill from my house where I bought my 04 Laramie from. Had my heart set on a Rebel that just arrived on island, but opted for the Bighorn, as this was just a cool find for the islands:

2021 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4 in Brilliant White Clearcoat, 5.7L HEMI, 6'4" bed, Big Horn Package 25 Z North Edition (electronic locker, 1 inch factory lift, engine heater, Hill descent Control, floor mats), Black/Light Mountain Brown interior, Big Horn Level 2 Equipment group, 33 GAL. gas tank, Uconnect 12.0 Display, 9 speakers with sub, wheel to wheel running boards, rear wheel well liners, Sirius XM with 4G LTE Hotspot, blind spot detection.

How this North Edition ended up in Hawaii is anyone’s guess. But the fact that it is a crew cab WITH a 6-4 bed is what drew me to this truck. At the time I purchased it, there were 28 other 1500’s on island with a 6-4 bed, all of them quad cabs.
Add in the 12.0 screen, Level 2 equipment group, etc., this is a pretty decked out Bighorn. But of course, just can't leave well enough alone...

Been adding some OEM parts as I go along. Thanks to the parts dept. at the dealership for eating ALL of the shipping to Hawaii, and providing a 10-15% discount on parts, too!
Mopar Window Visors
Mopar Hood Deflector
Mopar cargo rails
Mopar retractable bed step
Blacked Out Emblems
Tonno Pro soft/hard folding tonneau cover
ceramic tint all around.
Weather Tech rear under seat storage bin

Attached are some pics from the day I took it home, to now with the current add-ons done to it.
Bilstein 5100 adjustable front and back set is on order at 4wheel parts (rears are on back order, grrr)

I do have a set of 33x12.50"R22 Toyo Open Country's on order. Wheels are still a mystery...

Also just recently completed a front grill amber LED install, but still need to upload photos.

I have found alot of useful info on this forum over the last month or so. Thank you for providing a great resource. And thank you for welcoming me to the community. Aloha!

Attachments

• truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Resized_20210525_124746.jpg
    Resized_20210525_124746.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Resized_20210516_112119.jpg
    Resized_20210516_112119.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Resized_20210518_141226.jpg
    Resized_20210518_141226.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Resized_20210523_162729.jpg
    Resized_20210523_162729.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Truck 3.jpg
    Truck 3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Truck 7.jpg
    Truck 7.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 55
  • truck 8.jpg
    truck 8.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 53
  • Resized_20210518_184318.jpg
    Resized_20210518_184318.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 58

Ramjack

Reaction score
A North Edition . . . in Hawaii ???? Well, I'll be damned.

brenan00

Reaction score
Aloha 5thGen owners!

New to the forum and on my 3rd DODGE/RAM vehicle.
Had an 04 1500 Laramie 4x4, sold that when I bought my Promaster City in 2016. Love my Promaster City, still got it, but been looking at a new truck since last summer.
Came across an unusually built Bighorn at the dealership down the hill from my house where I bought my 04 Laramie from. Had my heart set on a Rebel that just arrived on island, but opted for the Bighorn, as this was just a cool find for the islands:

2021 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4 in Brilliant White Clearcoat, 5.7L HEMI, 6'4" bed, Big Horn Package 25 Z North Edition (electronic locker, 1 inch factory lift, engine heater, Hill descent Control, floor mats), Black/Light Mountain Brown interior, Big Horn Level 2 Equipment group, 33 GAL. gas tank, Uconnect 12.0 Display, 9 speakers with sub, wheel to wheel running boards, rear wheel well liners, Sirius XM with 4G LTE Hotspot, blind spot detection.

How this North Edition ended up in Hawaii is anyone’s guess. But the fact that it is a crew cab WITH a 6-4 bed is what drew me to this truck. At the time I purchased it, there were 28 other 1500’s on island with a 6-4 bed, all of them quad cabs.
Add in the 12.0 screen, Level 2 equipment group, etc., this is a pretty decked out Bighorn. But of course, just can't leave well enough alone...

Been adding some OEM parts as I go along. Thanks to the parts dept. at the dealership for eating ALL of the shipping to Hawaii, and providing a 10-15% discount on parts, too!
Mopar Window Visors
Mopar Hood Deflector
Mopar cargo rails
Mopar retractable bed step
Blacked Out Emblems
Tonno Pro soft/hard folding tonneau cover
ceramic tint all around.
Weather Tech rear under seat storage bin

Attached are some pics from the day I took it home, to now with the current add-ons done to it.
Bilstein 5100 adjustable front and back set is on order at 4wheel parts (rears are on back order, grrr)

I do have a set of 33x12.50"R22 Toyo Open Country's on order. Wheels are still a mystery...

Also just recently completed a front grill amber LED install, but still need to upload photos.

I have found alot of useful info on this forum over the last month or so. Thank you for providing a great resource. And thank you for welcoming me to the community. Aloha!
Aloha Mike,
I almost bought mine at with Cutter in Pearl City. They did not have anything on the lot or in the state that I wanted . So I went to Windward and ordered what I wanted with the fleet manager. I had been getting my company cars with for the last 25 years. You have yours, congratulations. I’ll probably be waiting another 3 months to pick up mine. Later, Charles

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aloha Mike,
I almost bought mine at with Cutter in Pearl City. They did not have anything on the lot or in the state that I wanted . So I went to Windward and ordered what I wanted with the fleet manager. I had been getting my company cars with for the last 25 years. You have yours, congratulations. I’ll probably be waiting another 3 months to pick up mine. Later, Charles
Thanks!
I bought my 2015 Promaster City from Windward, and my nieces fiancé is a sales guy there.
I so wanted to buy that Rebel, and at family discount, too🤦🏻‍♂️
But I’m more utilitarian than anything, and the big bed with the big cab just made sense. Can’t wait to see your new truck!
A North Edition . . . in Hawaii ???? Well, I'll be damned.
That’s what I said 👊🏽

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow - you're not joking when you say you have a one-of-a-kind truck and especially for Hawaii. I love the crew cab with the 6.4 box and always takes awhile for me to find. Does your truck have Halogen headlights with LED taillights? That makes it even more unique and add in the 12" screen, two color interior etc. Probably the only one in the country. Do you know of the dealer ordered it special for someone and they changed their mind? Congrats!

brenan00

Reaction score
Thanks!
I bought my 2015 Promaster City from Windward, and my nieces fiancé is a sales guy there.
I so wanted to buy that Rebel, and at family discount, too🤦🏻‍♂️
But I’m more utilitarian than anything, and the big bed with the big cab just made sense. Can’t wait to see your new truck!

That’s what I said 👊🏽
Hey Mike, great to here you were able to get a deal. So what is the family discount, is that the same as the ffa us affiliates discount that is invoice minus 1%. I was able to get that because if this great forum, also because I will be waiting over 30 days for the truck to arrive and that the time you need to become eligible for the discount. Awesome to see something other than the state truck of Hawaii, da 2 tousand and tree Toyota Tacoma. I’ll be looking for you on the H1 heading toward the west side. Aloha, Charles

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow - you're not joking when you say you have a one-of-a-kind truck and especially for Hawaii. I love the crew cab with the 6.4 box and always takes awhile for me to find. Does your truck have Halogen headlights with LED taillights? That makes it even more unique and add in the 12" screen, two color interior etc. Probably the only one in the country. Do you know of the dealer ordered it special for someone and they changed their mind? Congrats!
Aloha millerbjm,
Another interesting part of the build…I have the led taillights, but halogen fronts…🤔
Nobody at the dealership could really explain the build. It took the sales guy a while to realize it was a conventional bed…I knew more about that truck than he did, even showed him the search of inventory, and how only this one would pop up. But he was helpful, and did really get me a decent deal. I’m not “dissatisfied” with service…but room for improvement.🤨

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Mike, great to here you were able to get a deal. So what is the family discount, is that the same as the ffa us affiliates discount that is invoice minus 1%. I was able to get that because if this great forum, also because I will be waiting over 30 days for the truck to arrive and that the time you need to become eligible for the discount. Awesome to see something other than the state truck of Hawaii, da 2 tousand and tree Toyota Tacoma. I’ll be looking for you on the H1 heading toward the west side. Aloha, Charles
You ain’t kidding…my neighbors get 3 gens of Tacoma in there garage. Put those damn thing in da back of my truck…🤣🤣🤣👊🏽
load one 6 foot table in the bed, and 3 feet still sticking out, lol!
That would be about the discount for family on a new purchase, per my family member…benefit was no 30 day wait to qualify, I believe.
My wife’s nephew was a sales guy at Windward when I bought a used 2015 Regal T type for her in 2018, the same car I just traded in for this truck, hehehehe.
but I got KBB book, low side, plus the 1%, car was 3 yrs. old with 5100 miles when I bought it.
yeah, my City is laid up, but once I get it serviced, truck will stay parked periodically. Quality of driver on island today is quite depressing.
And big truck to them means get in front at all costs…irritating.
sorry…🤦🏻‍♂️ Didn’t mean to vent…

Burnzie

Reaction score
You'll get a lot of use out of the engine block heater in FRIDGED HAWAII

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll get a lot of use out of the engine block heater in FRIDGED HAWAII
I thought the same. Maybe someone was moving to the mainland and was ordering the truck prior.
Even the parts rep., when he ran the VIN, he was like…hmmmm, interesting truck. I’m thinking it may have been meant for outer island inventory maybe…makes more sense, but still a strange build to have here period. Nonetheless, a pretty cool find. 🤙🏽

Burnzie

Reaction score
Even the parts rep., when he ran the VIN, he was like…hmmmm, interesting truck. I’m thinking it may have been meant for outer island inventory maybe…makes more sense, but still a strange build to have here period. Nonetheless, a pretty cool find. 🤙🏽
Maybe the boat it came over on was supposed to go to Alaska instead.

Users who are viewing this thread