5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All season floor mat recall???

FL Laramie

Reaction score
Was in for an oil change yesterday. The service advisor told me to come back on Friday for my new mat to comply with the recall. So I can confirm that there is a new mat available for this recall.

HemiRam

Reaction score
Was in for an oil change yesterday. The service advisor told me to come back on Friday for my new mat to comply with the recall. So I can confirm that there is a new mat available for this recall.
May I ask if they cut your old mat or you declined the "fix"? Thank you, HR

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

edgarrian

Reaction score
Posted one in the other link for the same topic. But here you go.

pxl_20201114_175256098-jpg.73963

Im happy to see that they are replacing the mats rather than just cutting them. The above picture looks like its patched was my first thought. But if its an entire new mat then my next oil change I will ask about it. Thanks

Scmil

Reaction score
I just had mine replaced yesterday. They have three options (color ram logo) depending on which one you had before. The new ones look the same, just the top right corner is smooth and without the ridges.

FL Laramie

Reaction score
May I ask if they cut your old mat or you declined the "fix"? Thank you, HR

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
They didn't cut the mat. However the new mat didn't come in on Friday. They'll call when it arrives. I'll post pics once I get it.

sicpuppy

Reaction score
Had my oil changed today. Service writer noticed I didn't have my floor mat in. He said he ordered me a new one to replace the recall. I will wait and see if the ever call.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would think they would have some of these on hand rather then order them one at a time. Makes it an inconvenience to go the the dealer twice for a floor mat.

BombSquadMike

Reaction score
Well pleasant surprise today. I received a email today from my dealer about my unfinished floor mat recall letting me know they have replacement mats available and would like to replace the one with the hole cut in and would I like to schedule a appointment (I think I can handle putting it in Myself). So now I know what I'm going to do when I get back from Iraq in a few months. Also surprising enough they didn't try to sell any oil changes or other products.

edgarrian

Reaction score
^^^^ I just recently got a recall letter in the mail about it. Although it doesn't specifically say they have replacement matts. One would think my dealer would call me to let me know they have them in. Ill call monday and see what they say.

frybel

Reaction score
Just got back from getting my oil changed at the dealer, I forgot to mention not to do the recall. Lo and behold when I go back to pick up the truck the guy tells me they changed the oil and closed the 2 open recalls. They had the new floor mats in stock and replaced it. Smooth rubber under the accelerator and brake pedals.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I called my dealership to ask about the recall. She said that they are suppose to get new floor matts but haven't gotten any. She said that they have been telling people how the problem is fixed and nobody has allowed them to do it. Seems like a legit dealer to not just assume they should do the recall without first discussing it with the owner. So when i have my next oil change Ill see about it.

dudt

Reaction score
I phoned FCA Canada to see if they would send the floor mat to me since i live 400 kilometres from the closest dealership but they said I would have to go to the dealership to get installed.what a joke for a floor mat

mdschadler

Reaction score
I had my Ram in to have the rear window replaced (cracked frame) and they replaced the floor mat too. I had previously signed the waiver on the recall when they were going to cut the mat. I didn’t realize they replaced it until I was leaving and noticed my seat was adjusted all the way up.

Users who are viewing this thread