5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album Art and playing an album on CarPlay

Angus

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 8 with all updates to date.

When I play an album using CarPlay, the album art for the first song of the album displays correctly. When the album advances to the second and all subsequent tracks, the album art is not displayed. Just the CarPlay icon is shown. If I hit pause and then play, the album art appears correctly. This a problem only when I play an album, i.e., the album art is the same for all tracks. If I play a playlist with different artists, the various album art covers display correctly. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any album I’ve purchased from iTunes displays correctly. Some my own CD rip tracks don’t. Depends on how the MP3 editor I use works. Meaning if I select multiple tracks to edit attributes (such as adding art) sometimes the changes are applied to only the first track.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI- when playing from music on a usb thumb drive it seems to display all the album art ok

Angus

Reaction score
It's a strange problem. When the song starts playing and does not show the album art, I simply press pause on the head unit and then press play and the album art correctly appears.

Lize

Reaction score
I've had this problem in a few different cars (can't comment on Ram yet as not got it), never tried the pause option to know if that worked.

I took mental note of one that was wrong and went and checked on the Mac and it looked OK when playing in iTunes but under "get info" on the specific track the artwork was missing. Even iTunes rather than an MP3 editor doesn't seem to always tag all songs and only does the first one. I've never sussed out why some work and others didn't. As previously noted purchased tracks were always OK.

In my case I laboriously went through my entire Music library in iTunes and updated the artwork, then deleted the library from my phone to ensure I got a new complete copy rather than updates which didn't seem to adjust the artwork. I did select all tracks at once on individual albums and amended the artwork, but it took an absolute age.

You could maybe check a specific album and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online