5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alarm went off, tonight. Couldn't stop it.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Horn and blinkers went off around 11:30 pm. No apparent reason, I also just checked my security cameras, not a thing near the truck when it started. I was in bed and the keys put away.

I grabbed the fob and through the window I pushed every button on the remote, attempting to stop the inferno. I watched as my fob unlocked and relocked the doors, the headlights would come on and go off as the doors unlocked and relocked. The amarm is still going off.

I run outside in a shirt and underwear, open the front door with the proximity key, alarm still going off. I climb in, successfully start the engine, turn off the engine. A few people started showing up outside to see what was going on. The alarm is still going off.

Finally I popped the hood, grabbed a flashlight and began to disconnect the battery. The alarm stopped on its own, just before I could get to the battery. For safe measure, I decided to re-lock the doors, then I disconnected my battery and left my hood slightly popped so I can reconnect in the morning.

... And to top it off, I'm inside writing this post, the fob is away in an RF-blocking pouch, nothing is near the truck (again verified by the cameras), but most importantly, the battery on the truck is completely disconnected. I hear a bang against the wall, as the electronic tail gate has now popped itself open.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How old is the battery?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The truck was built in May, so the battery is a few months old.
Thought you had a 2019 for some reason. I’ve never looked into what parameters would cause the alarm to activate, but at a high level view, it would be “sensors” (i.e. door, tailgate, hood latch registering open), wiring, or a module interpreting something incorrectly/ bad module. It sounds like a dealer problem considering how new it is. Probably not worth buying a subscription to a service manual and a scantool/app with enhanced diagnostics, at least while the truck’s under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread