5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airplane Cabin

ack94wv

Reaction score
I am an original owner of a 2019 ram 1500 longhorn and have a very strange noise that occurs occasionally in my truck. I have had it in a few times and asked about it, but they just keep saying they have done an update that should solve it. it hasn't. It almost sounds like when you are in an airplane cabin and the engine revs but i have-not touched anything. It happens very often, but of course never when the tech looks at it. Any ideas? Thanks, Bill

ack94wv

Reaction score
My wife tried t record it last time we heard it but could not get it. It feels like a vibration then a loud hum coming from the engine. Almost like a brake assist is trying to rev the engine down to slow it but thats not what it is.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
No chance it's the AC switching from recirc to fresh and speeding up the fan? It'll do that about every 15 minutes while you're cruising on the freeway to either flush out the old air or prevent the evaporator from icing up.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just offering this up, so don't take offense at the question, but are you sure it's coming from the engine? My ventilated seats are very loud at times. I can hear and feel it in the seat, and I'd describe it similarly to how you did. It comes and goes and sounds like it's coming from in front of me.

ack94wv

Reaction score
no, its is definitely from the engine. Not sure what it is, but it is loud.

Users who are viewing this thread