5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airlift 1000 for ORP and possible future lift?

horsepowerstephen

Reaction score
I want to do leveling kit, most likely the Readylift 2" with upper control arms and I frequently tow bigger trailers once in awhile so was thinking of doing the Airlift 1000 airbags in the rear to eliminate squat. my question is, will I have an issue with a gap being I have the ORP(1" factory lift) and if I decided to add a spacer in the back later will this be an issue with the Airlift 1000 setup?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The way these work, no, I do not think you'd have an issue, not that I can foresee.

That being said, I would do the full airbags, many of which you can find spacer kits for or will work with smaller lifts (like 2"). I went the Airlift 1000 route with my 2014. You have to remember to inflate them before you load up, they will not work (no matter how much air you give them) if you forget and load up first.

Also, Airlift's customer service stinks. After one season, an airbag leaked. Long story short, they kept hitting me with redundant questions until I (very politely) asked them to refer to the warranty claim form I filled out, as I had already provided that information. Then they stopped responding to me altogether. So I trashed their bags, and went to their competition, Timber Grove Enterprises, for the full bags kit. Loved those things until the day I sold them (went back to stock before trading the 2014 in).

Users who are viewing this thread