5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airaid Throttle Body Spacer for Torque

EtherRam

Reaction score
Hey all,
Has anyone had luck with an Airaid Throttle body spacer on their 3.6? Airaid claims better torque in the 800-3000 rpm range, and I've seen several 4th gen 3.6 owners say they actually work.

I can't find any spacers for the 3.6 but I have found one for the 5.7. Second question, would the 5.7 spacer fit on the 3.6?

Thanks!

Smerberj

Reaction score
I had a rough country throttle body spacer installed and removed it after about 2 weeks. 100% snake oil. It's for sale if you want it. 😁

Smerberj

Reaction score
I just returned the aFe throttle body spacer. It claimed like 10 HP and 14 TQ. Well it whistled like a son of a ***** with my aFe cold air intake, it also made the cabin vibrate like crazy under WOT. I took it off after 3 days, just sounded like crap and I didn't see or feel anything different.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
There is some science behind tuning intake runner lengths for horsepower. Simply put, it works like water hammering in pipes. At certain speeds, the intake valve closing will cause a rebound in the airflow which will then cram more air into the next cylinder when its intake opens. But it has to be matched to a specific RPM and airflow. It only does it at certain RPMs. 800-3000 is too much spread.

If an inch or so spacer could boost power it would be done at the factory. Probably cost them a nickel a car. And they don't. Likewise they don't install those vortex things in the intake hose either. But those sorta went out of style 10 or 15 years ago because they didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread