5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension

Snakes709

Reaction score
I had air ride on my 2016 sport. Worked fine for 2 winters. This past winter near the end it got down to -25*c for a few weeks. Got a service air ride suspension. Brought it in, 13 other rams were there at the same time for the same thing. Mine blew a fuse and had moisture in the system. Dealership “fixed it”. Picked it up friday evening, sat all day saturday and went out sunday and got the same alert. Monday morning was going to class and then the dealership. Truck was on its bump stops. Dealership wouldnt do anything. Picked it up, drove it home on its bump stops still. Wrapped the valves with a 35w battery blanket and plugged it in over night. Truck was back to normal ride height. Kept the blanket on until temps warmed up to +1*c. air ride worked fine but ride quality was ****. Had to drive in off road 1 for normal quality.

Traded it in for 2019 and will never consider air ride again.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I agree...I've only seen this behavior once (that I can recall), and I'm certain it's a sensor or software issue. A similar glitch would be the occasional "side step doesn't retract until moving" issue; it happens only once in a while, and it would either be a sensor or software issue. Mechanically, everything is fine on both systems.

I noticed when the sales manager pulled my truck out of its parking spot (it was blocked in by another truck, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't moved after it reached their lot from the delivery truck), that the driver's side running board didn't retract until well after he was moving. In every case since, it's retracted a few seconds after the door is closed. With all the tech in these things, I figure there's a break-in period for stuff like this, and hope it doesn't plague me. My 2015 F-150 liked chewing through front end parts, not bad enough to end up stranded on the side of the highway, but just many minor annoyances that led to me trading it in.

-John

NDanecker

Reaction score
I have noticed weird things happen when I use the remote start and seems to be the common factor. For example, I have dropped to EE mode before shutting down arriving at work, remote started when leaving work and then it would stay in EE the ride home.

On another occasion the radio station dial knob would not change radio stations. Touch screen worked fine. Next morning I didn't remote start and the knob worked.

Feel like cousin Eddie - fall in a well and eyes go crossed. Kicked in the head by a mule and they go back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread