5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

air suspension reset after compressor replacement

Wytoshie

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2019 ram 1500 laramie longhorn with the factory air suspension that i purchased used. The suspension kept leaking down and started my research on what to do on these forums. After some reading I tried recharging with nitrogen and it helped alleviate the problem but it seemed the intervals between recharging were growing closer and the compressor was running a bunch. Once i finally found the leak ( the charge ports on the tanks were leaking) and recharged it again with nitrogen it acted as if it still didnt want to work right. I'm assuming by this point there was enough moisture to get into the system and ruin the compressor. So, i removed the compressor and sure enough, after removing the motor casing it would intermittently lock up when spinning by hand. i have replaced the compressor now and pulled a vacuum then recharged with nitrogen to 125 psi.... but... the level control switch is showing i am sitting at normal height and its on the bumpers. I've checked the two fuses in the battery fuse box and they are fine. My big question is, can i get this to reset at home or do i need to take this to the dealership? If i can reset it at home, do i need a certain obd2 scanner/programmer to accomplish the reset? any help would be appreciated. thank in advance

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2019 ram 1500 laramie longhorn with the factory air suspension that i purchased used. The suspension kept leaking down and started my research on what to do on these forums. After some reading I tried recharging with nitrogen and it helped alleviate the problem but it seemed the intervals between recharging were growing closer and the compressor was running a bunch. Once i finally found the leak ( the charge ports on the tanks were leaking) and recharged it again with nitrogen it acted as if it still didnt want to work right. I'm assuming by this point there was enough moisture to get into the system and ruin the compressor. So, i removed the compressor and sure enough, after removing the motor casing it would intermittently lock up when spinning by hand. i have replaced the compressor now and pulled a vacuum then recharged with nitrogen to 125 psi.... but... the level control switch is showing i am sitting at normal height and its on the bumpers. I've checked the two fuses in the battery fuse box and they are fine. My big question is, can i get this to reset at home or do i need to take this to the dealership? If i can reset it at home, do i need a certain obd2 scanner/programmer to accomplish the reset? any help would be appreciated. thank in advance
It needs to be charged to app. 175 PSI.
If you replaced the ASCM/compressor assembly, then it needs to be taken out of plant mode.
Either a scan tool or driving it above 12 mph will do this.

Go and subscribe to ALLdatadiy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread