5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension problem after problem

Reaction score
I hope this thread catches a lot of attention as ram has done a terrible job with the quality of their product. I have 1500 limited fully loaded air suspension and everything. My truck only has 30,000 miles and has been in the shop for what is going to be a total of 6 months. The truck has been in at the beginning of the year for a total failure on the back driver side suspension (it collapsed). It took them almost 5 months the first time to get my truck back to me, mainly because the air bag was on back order for months. I got charged over $4000 for this fix and tried to get ram to cover it under warranty, they would not. Now the same issue has arisen, the same air bag has failed. And guess what the air bag is still on back order and who knows when it will come in. The 6 months I stated my truck would be in the shop could continue to climb with the the product on back order. So I have almost a $90,000 truck that has been sitting on the dealership lot for half a year. The ram dealerships everywhere are all backed up and have taken weeks just to diagnose my truck. I have asked for loaner cars and every dealership says they already have given them out. You would think someone with there expensive product would be able to get one within the 6 months, but no. Honestly I don’t even think any of the dealers actually have loaner cars. Im tired of problems with this truck, especially when it only has 30,000 miles and is stored in a climate controlled garage. At this point I wish ram would do a lemon buy back on my truck as it has constantly had issues. I know everyone is dealing with the leather dash peeling problems, so am I. I would recommend never ever buying a truck with the air suspension, it is crazy expensive and ram will pin the blame on everything but themselves. This is what happens when your parts all get manufactured in other countries and the manufacturer could careless to stress test a part. I have spent thousands on rental cars over this past year. When will the problems stop? So on top of all the problems from the manufacture the dealers are no help either. I have spent so many hours on the phone with the dealer and ram care and there is no end in sight.

Sucks, out of warranty so not surprising they didn't cover it. And they can't do much about backordered parts. It sucks.

Sucks, out of warranty so not surprising they didn't cover it. And they can't do much about backordered parts. It sucks.
Point of the post was more so that the product sucks, and there is no quality control anymore. No reason for a truck that has 30,000 miles to have the same problem within 6 months after the dealer already “fixed” it. Especially a major part of the truck, like the suspension. But yes it does suck lol

I hope this thread catches a lot of attention as ram has done a terrible job with the quality of their product. I have 1500 limited fully loaded air suspension and everything. My truck only has 30,000 miles and has been in the shop for what is going to be a total of 6 months. The truck has been in at the beginning of the year for a total failure on the back driver side suspension (it collapsed). It took them almost 5 months the first time to get my truck back to me, mainly because the air bag was on back order for months. I got charged over $4000 for this fix and tried to get ram to cover it under warranty, they would not. Now the same issue has arisen, the same air bag has failed. And guess what the air bag is still on back order and who knows when it will come in. The 6 months I stated my truck would be in the shop could continue to climb with the the product on back order. So I have almost a $90,000 truck that has been sitting on the dealership lot for half a year. The ram dealerships everywhere are all backed up and have taken weeks just to diagnose my truck. I have asked for loaner cars and every dealership says they already have given them out. You would think someone with there expensive product would be able to get one within the 6 months, but no. Honestly I don’t even think any of the dealers actually have loaner cars. Im tired of problems with this truck, especially when it only has 30,000 miles and is stored in a climate controlled garage. At this point I wish ram would do a lemon buy back on my truck as it has constantly had issues. I know everyone is dealing with the leather dash peeling problems, so am I. I would recommend never ever buying a truck with the air suspension, it is crazy expensive and ram will pin the blame on everything but themselves. This is what happens when your parts all get manufactured in other countries and the manufacturer could careless to stress test a part. I have spent thousands on rental cars over this past year. When will the problems stop? So on top of all the problems from the manufacture the dealers are no help either. I have spent so many hours on the phone with the dealer and ram care and there is no end in sight.
September 28th will be 4 months at the dealership. Diagnosis is a dropped valve and the motor is being replaced under the "lifetime warranty", currently awaiting "parts". The dealership is backed up.

Sounds like you need to delete the facofty air and just go coil springs front and back. Just have to reprogram the BCM also.

Point of the post was more so that the product sucks, and there is no quality control anymore. No reason for a truck that has 30,000 miles to have the same problem within 6 months after the dealer already “fixed” it. Especially a major part of the truck, like the suspension. But yes it does suck lol
I'm very sorry to hear your Ram, and Ram leadership, has failed you. That really sucks.
Regarding product quality, my 2020 has been nearly flawless in its quality and workmanship, so Ram can definitely build superb trucks, you were unlucky enough to get the opposite.
I wish you the best in getting your situation resolved. I'm unhappy that Ram will lose you as a customer, but in your case, that's what they deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back