5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Parts

Rlinder

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help out here. Broke the elbow connector on top of the air strut while fitting the level kit, kicking myself hard for been careless. Please see attached pic. The dealer had trouble finding the particular part on the catalogue, and suggested that it may be part of the strut or the piping assembly, so it's not sold separately. Does anyone have experience or comments on dealer's feedback, or perhaps an aftermarket replacement for it. Needless to say prefer not to have buy the entire strut when only needing the connector. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Connector.jpg
    Connector.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 16

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watching this thread as I've dealt with custom air ride in the past and found myself in the plumbing aisle quite a few times.

Check with a Fastenal or Semi-Truck suspension parts dealer; also there are a few folks here with service manual subscriptions that can hopefully help narrow down the part

Rlinder

Reaction score
Appreciate your feedback, TruckDriver. Google searched the part and seems like the part is available. see attached. The description doesn't specify fitment for 2020, however the it appeared to be identical to the piece I broke. I'll contact them to verify. Cheers.

Attachments

• rmt.png
    rmt.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 17

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you know the npt size and air line size? Is that a push to connect on the air line size. I'm not familiar with the factory air suspension, but I've dealt in custom air suspension for 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate your feedback, TruckDriver. Google searched the part and seems like the part is available. see attached. The description doesn't specify fitment for 2020, however the it appeared to be identical to the piece I broke. I'll contact them to verify. Cheers.

That's likely it! The air suspension system's hardware change from 2018 to 19+ is more in the compressor / tank system, the lines and fittings are identical (according to a local truck shop I checked with).

Good luck with the repair!

Users who are viewing this thread