5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension lift options

TxNomad

Reaction score
So new member here but not new to dodge/ ram trucks.
Just picked up a used highway runner 2019 1500 limited. Previous owner installed an RC 5.5” kit and some overly shiny 22” 12” wide wheels and 35” rubber.
I love the truck but I am not a fan of RC products or the wheels. Given the truck has the air suspension underneath I know the ride quality could be better.
I want to downsize the lift to maximize the air suspension qualities but all I’m really seeing that is air compatible is a BDS or Rough Country kit.
My thoughts move towards a Carli kit for a much better size and still accommodates the 35 but that comes at the cost of deleting the air ride.
Does anyone out here have some ideas or know of other manufacturers producing quality lifts for Air Ride trucks.

Attachments

• 71340820309__D03EE0D4-EC9C-4F5B-AABF-007EE9310280.jpeg
    71340820309__D03EE0D4-EC9C-4F5B-AABF-007EE9310280.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 55

mplaramie

Reaction score
Agreed about RC. Try looking at Revel Performance. I don't have air ride personally but have some freinds that use Revel. I think they add 2" to 3" of lift.?.?.

TxNomad

Reaction score
It looks like Revel is using RC lifts and just repacking with their own links..

mplaramie

Reaction score
Yikes! I had no idea Revel is using RC lifts. What's crazy, I've seen a good amount of the new RAM lifted trucks like the BW, RR, Apex all starting to use RC lifts.

I may not use RC but have heard their quality has gotten better. I'll just take people's word for it...... 😄

TxNomad

Reaction score
Yikes! I had no idea Revel is using RC lifts. What's crazy, I've seen a good amount of the new RAM lifted trucks like the BW, RR, Apex all starting to use RC lifts.

I may not use RC but have heard their quality has gotten better. I'll just take people's word for it...... 😄
I’m pretty positive that the only solution for air ride trucks is to replace everything back to stock and add spacers, or just swap out the whole system for coils

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
So new member here but not new to dodge/ ram trucks.
Just picked up a used highway runner 2019 1500 limited. Previous owner installed an RC 5.5” kit and some overly shiny 22” 12” wide wheels and 35” rubber.
I love the truck but I am not a fan of RC products or the wheels. Given the truck has the air suspension underneath I know the ride quality could be better.
I want to downsize the lift to maximize the air suspension qualities but all I’m really seeing that is air compatible is a BDS or Rough Country kit.
My thoughts move towards a Carli kit for a much better size and still accommodates the 35 but that comes at the cost of deleting the air ride.
Does anyone out here have some ideas or know of other manufacturers producing quality lifts for Air Ride trucks.
Are you interested in selling the wheels?

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I went with the only lift available at the time when I first bought my truck, which was the RC 5" kit. Shortly after, BDS came out with their 4" and then Readylift came out with a 6". I saw it mentioned that Revel was using RC lifts in their kits and I haven't seen any evidence of that. I'm currently in the process of swapping to their Ultimate Lift package which combines the ReadyLift 6" Air-Ride lift paired with Daystar front 2" spacers and the revel links to raise the rear the additional height needed for a level stance. Should give it about 8 inches total lift without having to do a body lift like others and losing the front tow hooks or worrying about the exhaust tips and tow hitch looking funny.

Users who are viewing this thread