5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Leveling AlfaOBD

1500DFW

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anybody has the steps or knows exactly where in Alfa you go to set the height of each airbag?

I have DayStar spacers and links from AirLinks Suspension. I was able to get the truck level on 35s at 41” from ground to fender. But the links are as short as I can possibly make them. I’d still like to get one more inch lift all around if possible. I didn’t know this was something that could be done until after I bought the links. Any help is appreciated.

Handycraftman

Reaction score
It's very simple! In the suspension menu, you need the item "set the height of the suspension". Here are the factory parameters - front axle 108+/12, rear axle 68+/-12. I set the values 130 left front 109 right front, 58 left rear 50 right rear. This made it possible to raise the front part and lower the back part, I do not drive cargo, so I decided to do it exactly relative to the ground.

Sportznut

Reaction score
It's very simple! In the suspension menu, you need the item "set the height of the suspension". Here are the factory parameters - front axle 108+/12, rear axle 68+/-12. I set the values 130 left front 109 right front, 58 left rear 50 right rear. This made it possible to raise the front part and lower the back part, I do not drive cargo, so I decided to do it exactly relative to the ground.
When you do this, do you even need spacers or links to level the truck?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1500DFW

Reaction score
When you do this, do you even need spacers or links to level the truck?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That’s my question too. My truck is at the dealership now having the dash replaced. But when I get it back I’m going to try and put the stock links back on and see if I can raise the front and rear end to level it and give it a one inch lift above the off road normal height. Anybody done this before used the computer to raise the front 3-3.5 inches?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sooo is it necessary to buy airlinks or revel links ? or can you simply adjust the parameters to level or lift air ride equipped trucks?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can vs. Should.

You can achieve all lift via Alpha OBD and/or Links. But the more air in the bags, the more punishing the ride will be.

The Daystars/Readylift spacers allow you to run stock amounts of air pressure at normal ride heights because the spacer itself provides the lift (not the air bag), thereby preserving most of the stock ride quality.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can vs. Should.

You can achieve all lift via Alpha OBD and/or Links. But the more air in the bags, the more punishing the ride will be.

The Daystars/Readylift spacers allow you to run stock amounts of air pressure at normal ride heights because the spacer itself provides the lift (not the air bag), thereby preserving most of the stock ride quality.
hes looking to level not lift so he could always remove a little air too instead of putting more, to keep the ride quality, but for a 1inch or less dought the ride quality will be affected much

if he decide to lift then i agree with you

1500DFW

Reaction score
So I already have daystar spacers in the front. And adjustable links in the front. I have the off-road package so the truck sits stock at 1” lift. The links are as short as they can possibly be to level the front end. I’d like to lift the entire truck one more inch above where it’s at now. Which I cannot do because I can’t make the links any shorter on the front.

That’s why I was thinking about putting stock links back on and simply raising the lift amount via software. I’m debating whether or not to put stock links back on and do it all via AlfaOBD or just use the software to get the extra inch.

I do not know of anybody who has done it via ALFAOBD.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
i did this on my jeep gc. worked fine. you only have a few inches of adjustment. the airbags can only go so far. you can adjust each air mode independently.

1500DFW

Reaction score

Can you tell me how you get to this location? I am in The suspension menu. Using windows. I do not see an option to “set the height of the suspension”.

Handycraftman

Reaction score
Can you tell me how you get to this location? I am in The suspension menu. Using windows. I do not see an option to “set the height of the suspension”.
Hi! After setting the suspension height, do not forget to check the height sensor to record the values.

Attachments

• 90F45772-1D8D-429E-A129-403AB8EE70FD.jpeg
    90F45772-1D8D-429E-A129-403AB8EE70FD.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 85

Handycraftman

Reaction score
Can vs. Should.

Yes, you're right. In practice, I didn't notice the poor operation of the suspension. For maximum comfort, the lower lever should be as horizontal as possible to eliminate transverse resistance. But this is possible only with serious interventions. I like the kit when the attachment points of the lower lever are lowered, but I don't need it.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Hi! After setting the suspension height, do not forget to check the height sensor to record the values.

Great. Thank you. I was able to get there. I’ve been reading several threads on what values you enter. I’ve tried running the calculations but I’m just not that smart. I’m not really sure how to raise each airbag by one inch. Anybody done this before and have some step by steps?

Handycraftman

Reaction score
Great. Thank you. I was able to get there. I’ve been reading several threads on what values you enter. I’ve tried running the calculations but I’m just not that smart. I’m not really sure how to raise each airbag by one inch. Anybody done this before and have some step by steps?
Write down the factory values to start 110 front axle and 70 rear axle. Increasing the value you raise and vice versa, if you reduce it, you lower it. When you are satisfied with the result, perform the procedure to check the height sensor

1500DFW

Reaction score
I was able to get the truck to raise about two inches. However I had no values written before I started making changes so do not have the factory ones. Does anybody by chance have their factory settings off a 2019 Limited with the off road package?

At 2 inches the truck ride was terrible. I was able to get it lowered back to one inch above the original settings. But that’s with all struts programmed at 50. Which is the lowest setting available. It still sits one higher than stock so I’m not sure how I could go back to stock anyway.

However at a one inch lift the truck is level and rises smooth. My problem is that even after writing the values and performing the height check successfully the truck is still stuck in plant mode and no matter what I do or what settings I try to change it to now it will now show that the sensors are calibrated. And tells me to recalibrate. The check air suspension alarm goes off and I cannot make adjustments. Anybody ever have this issue or know how to resolve it.

Handycraftman

Reaction score
I was able to get the truck to raise about two inches. However I had no values written before I started making changes so do not have the factory ones. Does anybody by chance have their factory settings off a 2019 Limited with the off road package?

At 2 inches the truck ride was terrible. I was able to get it lowered back to one inch above the original settings. But that’s with all struts programmed at 50. Which is the lowest setting available. It still sits one higher than stock so I’m not sure how I could go back to stock anyway.

However at a one inch lift the truck is level and rises smooth. My problem is that even after writing the values and performing the height check successfully the truck is still stuck in plant mode and no matter what I do or what settings I try to change it to now it will now show that the sensors are calibrated. And tells me to recalibrate. The check air suspension alarm goes off and I cannot make adjustments. Anybody ever have this issue or know how to resolve it.
You're almost at the goal! Factory exact values do not exist, they are individual for each truck, but you can reduce the values until you achieve the desired result, for example, write 90 for the front axle. After your truck remains at the right height, you need to check the height sensor. After all this, it remains to reset the mistakes and enjoy the ride.

1500DFW

Reaction score
You're almost at the goal! Factory exact values do not exist, they are individual for each truck, but you can reduce the values until you achieve the desired result, for example, write 90 for the front axle. After your truck remains at the right height, you need to check the height sensor. After all this, it remains to reset the mistakes and enjoy the ride.

So I finally got it working. Thank you for all your help. The problem was it wouldn’t calibrate the height sensors when I tried lowering it to anything less than a 1” over stock. 1” made it ride too rough anyway. So I reset it back to 1” over and just lowered it to Aero mode. Which lowered it about 1/3”. Which sits higher than I had it and still rides a smooth. I don’t use Aero mode anyway so it’s fine. The truck accepted the levels and everything works right.

bourgeois

Reaction score
So I finally got it working. Thank you for all your help. The problem was it wouldn’t calibrate the height sensors when I tried lowering it to anything less than a 1” over stock. 1” made it ride too rough anyway. So I reset it back to 1” over and just lowered it to Aero mode. Which lowered it about 1/3”. Which sits higher than I had it and still rides a smooth. I don’t use Aero mode anyway so it’s fine. The truck accepted the levels and everything works right.
I have the same set up and was looking at putting 35" tires. How is the clearance without adjusting the air bags in ALDF?

1500DFW

Reaction score
I have the same set up and was looking at putting 35" tires. How is the clearance without adjusting the air bags in ALDF?

Before I started adjusting the airbags with AflaOBD I used adjustable links to level the front end. So I never really had the 35s on there without the level. But I’m guessing there would be hardly any clearance without a level and definitely you’d have a lot of rubbing.

I have the ORP and still heightened mine a bit and have a bit of rubbing still on full turn. I’m going to have to trim the liners a bit whenever I get around to it.

So I’d say if you at least level the front end you’ll be ok with minor trimming.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
So I already have daystar spacers in the front. And adjustable links in the front. I have the off-road package so the truck sits stock at 1” lift. The links are as short as they can possibly be to level the front end. I’d like to lift the entire truck one more inch above where it’s at now. Which I cannot do because I can’t make the links any shorter on the front.

That’s why I was thinking about putting stock links back on and simply raising the lift amount via software. I’m debating whether or not to put stock links back on and do it all via AlfaOBD or just use the software to get the extra inch.

I do not know of anybody who has done it via ALFAOBD.
Same issue here when I leveled my truck last summer.. I went to the hardware store and bought a threaded rod, cut to length I needed, and had more adjustability. Got the truck leveled to my liking and never touched the software

Users who are viewing this thread