5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension issue

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My front driver side is sitting about 3/4” lower than the front passenger side.

Even after shuffling thru up/down settings it’s not even. Hoping the sensor just needs recalibrated.

Going in on Wednesday.

A4036A27-57B9-411E-8F71-AD3615083D73.png
64AE2AD6-A12A-4D3F-8B3A-942244E2F32B.png

My front driver side is sitting about 3/4” lower than the front passenger side.

Even after shuffling thru up/down settings it’s not even. Hoping the sensor just needs recalibrated.

Going in on Wednesday.

View attachment 94944
View attachment 94945

That is normal and within spec believe it or not. Keep in mind the fuel tank is completely on the drivers side so if you have 10 gallons of gas in tank it’s 70 pounds of additional weight. Plus the battery is on driver side so that’s another 30 pounds. I asked my dealer about it and they measured 4 other limiteds in the lot and they all were a bit lower on driver side. Don’t stress on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Limited is the same way when the tank is full. I haven't measured it with an empty tank yet, but I imagine it will be the same since the air suspension is self-adjusting. It compensates for the weight of the fuel, or anything else in the truck. I'm considering getting adjustable suspension links so I can adjust it myself.

Just get a pair of front leveling links and replace the factory ones. You can adjust it the way you want. My 21 limited also sat about 1/2-3/4" low and now fornt is level with the adjusting links. Had same issue on my 18 longhorn.

I could understand the regular coil spring suspension having a little tilt because of that. Just measured one and it too is a little over 1/2” off side to side

I don’t see any reason why the front air spring couldn’t auto level to compensate. Full tank of gas is only 200 lbs

I understand it’s “normal” but still makes no sense to me. Bizarre

Yep just another weird thing with our beloved trucks

This is not abnormal. My previous Colorado I had had a wicked lean to it because of the gas tank and whatever else. We would think the air suspension would compensate for that but it's still within design specifications, there are no problems

My drivers side is 38 3/4" an passenger side is 38 1/2". Both tires are properly inflated and in the shade.

I could understand the regular coil spring suspension having a little tilt because of that. Just measured one and it too is a little over 1/2” off side to side

I don’t see any reason why the front air spring couldn’t auto level to compensate. Full tank of gas is only 200 lbs

I understand it’s “normal” but still makes no sense to me. Bizarre

Ram should reprogram the air suspension so that each corner is adjusted separately based on load sense etc. right now I think the adjustments are isolate to the front pair and rear pair. Would be nice if the air ride adjusted left side and right side separately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back