5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air ride sensor not working

BusMan

Reaction score
I had Service Suspension light come on. Everything works, aero, normal off road 1+2 so the dealer checked the code and said the Rrear sensor was not working. I cleaned the ground to the frame, (corroded) but light still on. Can you replace the sensor without loosing the air in the system? Is the dealer the only option to purchase the sensor? I do all the maintenance on my 2019 so can anyone describe the steps or have a link to a video?

I had Service Suspension light come on. Everything works, aero, normal off road 1+2 so the dealer checked the code and said the Rrear sensor was not working. I cleaned the ground to the frame, (corroded) but light still on. Can you replace the sensor without loosing the air in the system? Is the dealer the only option to purchase the sensor? I do all the maintenance on my 2019 so can anyone describe the steps or have a link to a video?
Are you referring to the ride height sensor? If so, there are several sources for it on line. my mopar part. com, mopar wholesale parts etc. Looks to be selling for about 60 bucks plus shipping.
As far as replacing it, disconnect battery negative terminal, disconnect the connector and the linkage, unbolt the sensor. Than reverse the procedure for installing the new one.
Then wait couple hours for all the systems to boot back up.
But... What code did it throw?
I would think (thinking has gotten me into trouble before) that a bad ride height sensor should result in an actual ride height discrepancy/problem, either too high or too low.

Are you referring to the ride height sensor? If so, there are several sources for it on line. my mopar part. com, mopar wholesale parts etc. Looks to be selling for about 60 bucks plus shipping.
As far as replacing it, disconnect battery negative terminal, disconnect the connector and the linkage, unbolt the sensor. Than reverse the procedure for installing the new one.
Then wait couple hours for all the systems to boot back up.
But... What code did it throw?
I would think (thinking has gotten me into trouble before) that a bad ride height sensor should result in an actual ride height discrepancy/problem, either too high or too low.
Thanks KA2, that was what the code number referred to as the ride height sensor on the RRear was not communicating. Thank you for the steps to replace it.

Every time my 2020 Ram has shown error messages, including a few times messages to service suspension, removing 12V battery ground cable for a couple hours (or overnight), reconnecting ground, letting the truck sit overnight after reconnecting ground, then driving it the next day, has always cleared all error messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back