5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride not engaging

LorenzoDean

Reaction score
2018 Ram 1500 4x4 air ride not engaging into the egress height, or any height. The ride height selectors continually flash but no movement is observed, and the raising / lowering message flashes on the dash.
shareit appvn

Has anyone had this happen to them or have any fixes? How much of a repair hassle is this going to be?

Last edited:

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2018 or 2019 truck?

I had something similar happen to me after driving thru an ice storm to go skiing. I was getting an "Air Suspension Error" warning, and the ride height indicator just had the top and bottom lights on. I got out, checked the rear bump stops and air bags to see if I could spot anything. It all looked fine, so set off for home.

After about 1/4 mile of driving, the error resolved itself and never saw it again. I assume all the freezing and thawing, raining and snowing, followed by a deep freeze in the span of 8 hours put the whammy on a sensor.

Have you tried taking the truck for spin around the block?

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2018 Ram 1500 4x4 air ride not engaging into the egress height, or any height. The ride height selectors continually flash but no movement is observed, and the raising / lowering message flashes on the dash.
Has anyone had this happen to them or have any fixes? How much of a repair hassle is this going to be?
I think that’s a 4th Gen known issue and this is the 5th Gen site. I’m sure you can find all the info you need on the other site. Thx for posting that 1st - 1 negative thing here

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The issue I had is nothing like what I've heard about with 4th Gen Air Suspension failing. At no time was I unable to drive the truck or was it unsafe to do so... the suspension was fully pressurized.

Boston

Reaction score
Note OP has a fourth gen 2018. Not a 2019.

Snakes709

Reaction score
It has not been wildly reported here so I’m thinking it’s such a small amount it’s statistically irrelevant
Well believe it or not, not every 5th gen owner is on a truck forum.

flistereight

Reaction score
push the height control valve arm up to raise the ride height (add air to the air springs) or down to lower the ride height (remove air from the air springs) until the distance between the suspension mounting surface and the center of the axle equals the designed ride height. psiphone for pc jiofi.local.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread