5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air ride and alignment

850rider

Reaction score
Curious if the difference between normal and aero affects alignment. My truck seems to sit quite high in the normal mode

More important is to disable the air suspension in the UConnect before an alignment is performed. So it doesn't move while the alignment is performed.

More important is to disable the air suspension in the UConnect before an alignment is performed. So it doesn't move while the alignment is performed.
Why would it move when the truck is stationary? I have no way of knowing whether they disabled it or not

2". There is no reason to disable it during alignment. Truck sits static on rack. No different than aligning a coil spring truck.

2". There is no reason to disable it during alignment. Truck sits static on rack. No different than aligning a coil spring truck.
Not entirely true. The engine should be running and the steering wheel centered and locked in place for the final toe setting. You don't want it trying to raise and lower if the mechanic opens the door or closes it. That's why the air suspension has "Alignment Mode."

Straight out of my manual

Wheel Alignment Mode
Before performing a wheel alignment, this mode must be
enabled. Refer to “Instrument Cluster Display” in “Getting
To Know Your Instrument Panel” or “Uconnect Settings” in
“Multimedia” if equipped with a touch screen radio for
further information.
NOTE:
This mode is intended to be enabled with engine running.

Not entirely true. The engine should be running and the steering wheel centered and locked in place for the final toe setting. You don't want it trying to raise and lower if the mechanic opens the door or closes it. That's why the air suspension has "Alignment Mode."

Straight out of my manual

We've never had an issue with alignment. We don't hop in and out of the truck though either. Not sure why you'd need to?

We've never had an issue with alignment. We don't hop in and out of the truck though either. Not sure why you'd need to?
So, how do you ensure the wheel is dead center without sticking your head in and looking? And I'm not tall enough to reach in through the open window and push the start button, especially not teetering on the edge of the alignment rack.

Remote start? :D

I'm not sure how often you encounter toe issues? Unless you are lifting lowering/damaged a part, it really shouldn't move. I can't remember the last time I had to mess with toe during a normal alignment.

Curious if the difference between normal and aero affects alignment. My truck seems to sit quite high in the normal mode
0.6 inches difference between the normal and aero mode adds to negligible difference in toe in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back