5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air-filter options for new Eco-diesel engines

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
Is there a part-number from K&N Air Filter that will fit our Eco-Diesel engines ?

I have 2020 LH w/Ecodiesel, and want to invest into K&N air filter - but cant seem to find a compatible part-number.

I DONT think it will/Should Void warranty.

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
Actually went with Purolator air filter based on above video. The filter is rated for 12000 miles.

Those reusable filters - even non-oil, rechargeable dry filters cost about $90-$100 with recharging kits.

Thats enough for 5 of the above Purolator filters giving cleaner 60000 miles - which is good enough for me.

The Putolator filter is lighter than stock OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocsolid

Reaction score
I believe the v8 hemi filter is the same as the eco diesel filter. Same air box.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watch this video, and if you are still willing to put a K&N filter on your extremely expensive engine afterward, then all I can say is good luck!

Too bad that the Mopar OEM engine air filter is not on that testing video.
I had bought K&N air filters for my previous 2011 Ram and 2014, 2017 Jeep Cherokee, but could not use it in my 2019 Cherokee because the air box changed, maybe because this Jeep has the 2L turbo.
I will not be buying K&N filters after seeing that video, however, how is baking flour comparable to the usual dust from gravel roads or off-roading in the desert. I also do not like how they introduce the flour, this is definitely not the way it would happen in real life, I am sure the numbers would change if the dust particles were introduced at a much slower pace in the air stream while the equipment is running, instead of clumping it on the filter. The numbers could be extremely different.

Users who are viewing this thread